Sterling is an IT integrator that provides information technology, systems engineering and professional services to customers in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, federal civil and commercial sectors. As one of the nation's leading Value Added Resellers (VAR) and fastest growing Systems Integrators, we have the partnerships, access to technology, training and certifications to plan, integrate and manage large-scale, mission-critical IT programs. Position Title: Cloud Software Engineer Location: Other - see position description Position Description / Other Requirements: *****Location negotiable, either Herndon VA, or Washington DC (DIAHQ or Maryland Square). Occasional commutes to the other site may be required for periodic meetings.***** Seeking a motivated Software Engineer with experience developing enterprise C2S cloud applications supporting the U.S. Government. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Basic Qualifications:
• 4+ years of full-stack development experience in C2S cloud environments.
• Strong understanding of cloud computing concepts and fundamentals (serverless, scalability, high availability, and durability).
• Relational and NoSQL database design, implementation, configuration, and query experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
• Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining data indexes (ElasticSearch or Lucene).
• Experience with programming languages such as Python, Node.js, Angular.js, and React.
• Comfortable working with Linux or Unix-based operating systems (i.e. command line operations, bash scripting).
• Demonstrable Configuration Management (CM) experience using Git and familiarity with branching strategies. Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience building automation and Infrastructure as Code (i.e. CloudFormation).
• Demonstrable knowledge of AWS services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudFormation, EC2, ALB, IAM, and SQS.
• Familiarity with RMF+ security accreditation process and experiencing coding to security standards and best practices (i.e. end-to-end encryption).
• General awareness of / experience with popular open source frameworks, libraries, and packages.
• Ability to determine technical direction from high-level requirements. Required Clearance: TS//SCI with CI Polygraph Schedule: Full Time Shift: 1st Required Labor Category Skills Education/years of experience: High School diploma/GED with 12 years of experience, or Associates degree with 10 years of experience, or Bachelor degree with 8 years of experience, or Master degree with 6 years of experience, or PhD with 4 years of experience. Skills & tasks: Exceptionally Complex, Inter- Discipline, Inter-Organizational. Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks. Individual Work/Teamwork or Leadership/Management: Leadership/ Management - May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team. Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues Guidance: Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through to project completion. Training & Certifications: DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order Sterling is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or applicable local law.