Brandywine Realty Trust is one of the largest, publicly traded, integrated real estate companies in the US, headquartered in Philadelphia, with a core focus in the Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and Austin markets. Organized as a REIT, we own, develop, lease and manage an urban, town center and transit-oriented portfolio. At Brandywine, we believe excellence is rooted in process, people, and passion. We work together toward a shared vision, and within a culture emphasizing ingenuity, work/life balance, and civic engagement. We value the customer experience above all else and strive to exceed expectations in every interaction.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* At least one-year experience in HVAC or Operation Engineering Technologies
* Basic computer skills necessary to operate Building Automation Systems.
* Availability for various shifts and to occasionally work extended hours, nights, weekends and holiday to ensure adequate building coverage and to perform necessary repairs and maintenance. Will be required to perform on-call duties on a periodic basis.
* Language Skills: Read and interpret English language documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Communicate orally with tenants and staff members. Provide feedback to management on progress related to specific assignments.
* Ability to climb ladders, lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds, walk, kneel, crouch and stand regularly.
* Comply with all applicable safety codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as they relate to building operations.
* Willingness to attend technical and safety training as directed by supervisor.
* Basic knowledge of maintenance and repair of building systems including:
* HVAC systems,
* Water treatment programs
* Electrical systems
* Lighting systems
* Plumbing systems
* Energy management
* Fire protection
* Structural, hardware and keying systems
* Life Safety systems
* Following inspection and service procedures outlined in preventative maintenance and policies and procedures manual.
* Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.)
* Demonstrating exemplary customer and staff relations while working closely with tenants, vendors and Property Management teams.
* Pursuing employee development objectives recommended by the Chief Engineer, Operations Manager, Lead Engineer and/or Property Manager.
* Strong communication, administrative and organizational skills.
* Attend meetings as directed by the Chief Building Operating Engineer or Property Manager including monthly progress meetings, construction related meetings and meetings with tenants.
Posting ID: 601323375Posted: 2021-01-22