The Field Marketing Director is the chief sales building evangelist of the Checkers & Rally’s brand. They lead the team responsible to create an industry-leading culture of building sales in every market, every restaurant, and on every shift. They will evolve and refine a top notch local marketing toolkit and “promotions in a box” that will allow the field team to build customized local marketing and media plans for every market without having to re-invent the wheel each time. The FMD will lead the charge on system-wide partnerships, promotions and sponsorships that drive sales and create brand swagger such as the Fry Love Express mobile marketing program. They will build segment marketing plans so that we can lift many restaurants at once within a category like new stores, underperforming stores, campus stores, or downtown urban center stores. They will be a tireless advocate to streamline administrative processes so that their team can be fully engaged with their primary objective- building customized marketing plans for every market. The Field Marketing Director will be the lead rainmaker and a cultural leader within the company that inspires sales building activity at every level.
- Manages and develops the field marketing team to create a culture of building sales
- Leads Field Marketing Managers to maintain an in-market presence, develop strong relationships with franchise partners and company operators and build expert level market knowledge.
- Manages and develops Field Marketing Specialist to lead the charge in developing system-wide “promotions in a box” and streamlined programs to manage new restaurant openings and segment opportunities like down and campus restaurants.
- Manages and develops Event Marketing Specialist and the Fry Love Express Mobile Marketing program.
- Develops and streamlines work processes to ensure that the majority of FMM time is spent touring markets, building and developing market-level plans, and exploring innovative sales building ideas.
- Works collaboratively with media team to strike the right balance of media and local marketing in each market.
- Holds ultimately responsible to make sure every market has an effective market level plan that is being executed, measured and refined.
- Aggressively promotes key wins to build a highlight reel that will drive franchise partners to action and create a culture of building sales anchored in Local Restaurant Marketing.
- Serves as the key marketing contact for the Franchise Advisory Committee Marketing Sub-committee.
- Works with field operations teams and cross functional marketing team to align market strategies and plans using consumer insight data, ecommerce tools, creative team resources and brand/culinary insights.
- Works with franchisees as the main liaison on brand strategy, marketing investment, and system-wide planning.
- Creates truly innovative system-wide promotions, partnerships and programs
- Understands brand strategies and develops and activates system-wide promotions, partnerships and programs that impact the whole system and can be activated by markets as an ”a la carte” planning element.
- Works with Brand and Creative team to develop system-wide promotional calendar events that drive traffic and create buzzworthy brand moments.
- Leads the effort to create a culture of building sales by expanding and refining the Local Restaurant Marketing platform and toolkit.
- Continually improves the New Restaurant Opening planning process focused on simplicity of execution and measurement and building an audience of fans in each restaurant prior to opening.
- Creates plans and processes to address segment opportunities like underperforming restaurants, campus restaurants and urban restaurants.
- Works with Media Director to continually innovate on the Non Co-op Plan which provides marketing for stores that are not part of an advertising cooperative.
- Evolves the Fry Love Express mobile marketing program to ensure year-round activation and continued innovation in how the program is leveraged.
What success looks like: sales are growing with innovative sales building ideas developed, deployed and measured in all markets. Franchisees are getting regular communication and look to the FMM as their chief sales building strategist, a partner in building their business and the chief driver of a culture of building sales within their markets. FMM is regularly touring markets to build relationships with all franchise partners and company ops leaders and augment their market knowledge. NROs are planned 6 months out with trade areas visited and appropriate tactics deployed at each stage in the restaurant life cycle and new restaurants entering the comp base positive. The LRM Toolkit, promotions in a box initiative and segment marketing strategy are being deployed, measured and continually refined. Each field marketing team member is enjoying strong performance and being developed for the next role in their career and their job is a source of satisfaction that is part of a happy, balanced life.
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree or equivalent experience preferred
- At least 10 year’s experience in field marketing, retail marketing, restaurant marketing or related field
- Extensive experience building and refining system-wide promotions, marketing toolkits and media plans
- Capable of inspiring the team to generate new, simple to execute sales building ideas and setting them up to be innovative in their thinking and proactive in their execution
- A great communicator capable of inspiring others to act and giving them the tools to be successful
- A personality that builds and sustains high levels of integrity and trust and a positive, energetic and upbeat encourager
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically to drive results that build both brand differentiation and annual sales results at the market and system level
- Up to 70% travel may be required
- Very strong communication skills including written, verbal and presentation.
- Understands media planning and execution
- Understands non-traditional and digital media
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business environments and execute supplemental marketing tactics to achieve planned results
- Excellent organizational and time management skill
- Analytical ability to understand how to assess the impact of programs and initiatives
- Proven history of working with key franchise and company operational groups, developing partnerships and defining the culture of the marketing team and company as a whole
- Comfortable with web-based and project management tools for daily process and communication.
- Proven ability to efficiently allocate and measure impact of budgets
- Strong computer skills – MS Word, Excel
Posting ID: 595225856Posted: 2020-12-26