The Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Field Technician that will be responsible for ITS field device installation, integration and testing as well as remedial and preventative maintenance activities. This position will work out of Integral Blue’s Madison Heights, Michigan office and will require regular travel to locations throughout Michigan’s lower peninsula. Some work in the upper peninsula and out of state may be required. Integral Blue provides ITS Field Technicians with proper tools and equipment. This position will be provided with a take home company vehicle and is eligible for paid drive time according to company policy. Lodging and meal Per Diems are provided when overnight stays are required.
Integral Blue, LLC provides a competitive employment package which including:
• Competitive wage compensation
• Paid Time Off
• Paid holidays
• Health, dental, vision group benefits options
• Short Term Disability option
• Company paid Basic Life \ AD&D and Long Term Disability coverages
• Supplemental Life \ AD&D insurance options
• 401k with match of 50% up to 6% of annual income
• Education assistance
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and repairs a variety of ITS equipment and network infrastructure.
- Repairs copper-wired, fiber-optic, and wireless communication systems related to ITS equipment.
- Tests ITS equipment using a variety of testing devices such as personal computers, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, multi-meters, lidar guns, handheld video detectors, meggers, and oscilloscopes.
- Interprets construction plan sets, as-built drawings, schematics, and interconnect drawings for the purpose of installing and diagnosing ITS equipment.
- Responds to emergencies relating to problems and situations involving ITS equipment.
- Operates motorized equipment such as an aerial lift, bucket truck and truck mounted attenuator (TMA) for purposes of installing and repairing ITS equipment.
- Performs acceptance test procedures for new ITS components.
- Three (3) years of experience in electronics troubleshooting and repair, electrical wiring theory, principles, and practices.
- Must have experience in telecommunications industry including but not limited to system installation, circuit design and flow standards, and troubleshooting.
- Must have experience using test equipment, such as but not limited to network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, multi meters, and ground fault locators.
- Must have ability to obtain a First Aid and CPR certification.
- Must have ability to complete an OSHA 10 Hour Safety Training program, and obtain an OSHA 10-Hour Safety Card.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to work in a confined space; walk, bend, and lift, up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to move, carry and climb ladders at various heights.
- Must be able to perform aerial vehicle operations and work at various heights up to 100 feet.
- Must be computer proficient and have experience with Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Must be available to work overtime and some weekends (as needed).
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certificate.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, physical and background checks.
- Must have a Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Computer Technology.
- Ability to analyze construction plan sets, as-built drawings, schematics, and interconnect drawings of electrical and communication systems.
- Industry recognized Internet Protocol (IP) network and cyber security certifications.
- Industry recognized wireless communication certifications.
- Industry recognized structured cabling installation certifications.
- Industry recognized Fiber Optic certifications.
- Commercial Driver’s License.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of using hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of the proper procedures for operating, inspecting, and maintaining assigned equipment including aerial lifts, bucket trucks and truck mounted attenuators (TMA).
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions and safety regulations related to equipment operation, electric currents, traffic patterns and conditions and other work-related precautions to include basic first aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Ability to plan and organize a daily work routine.
- Ability to establish priorities for the completion of work in accordance with sound time-management methodology.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, including the preparation of reports and logs.
- Ability to listen and understand directions, information and ideas presented verbally and in writing.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse project team including Foreman, Field Superintendent, Network/Systems Engineers and Project Managers.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and professional relationships with employees, representatives from other departments, organizations, and the public.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to understand, analyze and evaluate situations and exercise good judgement to make appropriate decisions.
Health and Safety:
- Must be able to constantly walk, bend, and regularly lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to carry and climb ladders at various heights.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to grow and foster a culture of safety by upholding standards and best practices of safety in the workplace.
- Commit to putting safety first in all aspects of work.
- Report all safety concerns, incidents and near misses.
- Demonstrate commitment to the company’s core values.
- Participate in all initiatives supporting the company’s core values.
- Regular day trips required across Michigan's lower peninsula.
- Occasional overnight trips required to Michigan's upper peninsula.
- Possible out of state travel.
Integral Blue is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Please visit www.integral-blue.com to check out our updated Vision, Mission and Core Values!
Integral Blue (IB) specializes in technologies that relate to the transportation market and are industry leaders in this area. Integral Blue is a turn-key technology integrator that provides project management, engineering and field technicians to deliver state of the art technology solutions. The Integral Blue team is capable of designing, installing, integrating and maintaining network end devices and their complex communications systems.
Integral Blue is a sophisticated ITS technology contractor that understands the systems engineering processes that the transportation industry uses. These processes describe the application of technology and management practices used to build complex systems of equipment, software, and procedures that satisfy specific needs.
Integral Blue doesn't just install equipment and rely on vendors to provide technical support to make it all work. Pre-installation system mockups are performed in a laboratory environment and comprehensive local, subsystem and end to end system tests are developed and conducted to ensure that all contract functional and performance requirements are met. This streamlined approach ensures timely and successful project delivery with maximum customer satisfaction and minimum job costs. This is how Integral Blue sets itself apart from the competition.
Posting ID: 600697272Posted: 2021-01-19