United States of America - Maryland, GermantownJob SummaryAECOM
is seeking a Summer Intern be based in Germantown, MD.
You will work in a team environment to deliver advanced water and wastewater treatment projects to our client base in Manitoba, Western Canada, and beyond. For someone with an interest in pursuing water/wastewater treatment work on some of the largest and most complex projects, this is an exceptional opportunity to bring your capability to the team and advance your career.
, we believe infrastructure creates an opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
This position is expected to begin in May 2021.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development megaproject, life-sustaining,and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy, and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With more than 3,200 Water professionals in all major markets throughout the United States and Canada, AECOM's Water business line leverages nearly a century of local, national, and international project experience to provide today's municipalities, industries, and governments with cost-effective solutions to their Water challenges. We deliver our services-from environmental planning studies to detailed design, construction management, and operations and maintenance-to a wide range of public and private sector clients. Our public sector work encompasses everything from small rural communities, to large urban centers, to agencies with regional responsibilities. Our private sector work includes assignments for multiple commercial/industrial sectors, including oil and gas, chemicals, power, food and beverage, manufacturing, and pharmaceuticals.https://aecom.com/markets/water/
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work alongside and be mentored by experienced urban planners, civil engineers, and design professionals.
- Gain real-world environmental and civil engineering experience through assisting with a wide array of disaster recovery, program management, and urban planning projects
- Gain experience in the competitive consulting engineering industry.
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Must have completed one year of study in the applicable program
- US Citizenship is required for this position
What We Offer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Vacation Student / Internship / GraduateBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.