Are you looking to further your career in the medical field? Then MetroMed Urgent Care is the place for you. We have trained and worked with many medicals assistants who then go on to medical school, PA school, and continue to work in the medical field. We are seeking to hire a Medical Assistant who will be responsible for assisting with administrative duties at our facility. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for obtaining patient records and test results, coordinating daily administrative tasks, preparing treatment rooms for examinations, and assisting our practitioners during medical procedures.
- Handle all administrative duties in a timely manner
- Perform routine clinical tasks to support medical staff
- Communicate with insurance companies for proper billing procedures
- Escort patients to exam rooms
- Perform testing on patients outside of the facility
- Performing routine blood-draw
- Previous experience in healthcare administration or other related fields
- Familiarity with medical billing procedures
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA regulations, ICD and CPT coding (highly advantageous).
- Fluent in Spanish is preferred.
- Innovative thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational, administrative and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to emergency situations.
- Ability to use discretion while working with sensitive information.
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills.
- Passionate about healthcare excellence.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
MetroMed Urgent Care is a physician owned business that started 6 years ago. MetroMed is always evolving and adding new aspects and ways to the practice for patient's to receive their best care. Dr. Beckwith's way of thinking and her vast amount of knowledge allow for one of the best opportunities for our MA's to learn from. Please check our website for more information at www.metromeduc.com
Posting ID: 579616789Posted: 2021-02-27