At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative, and successful financial institutions. We are committed to our purpose: we invest our hearts and minds to power human potential. Part of this commitment, and one of our core values, is the creation of a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Successful candidates for positions in the U.S. Bank Law Division consistently provide excellent advice and guidance to clients and colleagues on a variety of legal matters. They build trusting relationships that allow the business to make well-informed decisions. They work to attract, retain, and develop great people in an inclusive environment where each person is valued for the distinct skills and attributes they bring to the group. And they contribute to the excellence of the Law Division through meaningful collaboration, participation in the community, and investment in the development of the department.
The U.S. Bank Law Division is seeking an attorney to join its Consumer and Business Banking team to provide legal support related to consumer and small business deposit products and retail banking operations.
• Assist business line partners in matters relating to deposit products and operations, including checks, ACH and wire transfers, debit and ATM cards, mobile and online banking services, IOLTAs, IRAs, and safe deposit boxes.
• Advise business line partners on matters relating to customer requests, correspondence and dispute resolution.
- Law degree
- Licensed by and in good standing with the appropriate state bar association or other appropriate state attorney licensing authority.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience, either in private practice or as a member of an in-house legal department;
• Familiarity with federal and state consumer financial services laws and regulations, including Regulation D, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Articles 3, 4, and 4A of the Uniform Commercial Code, state multiple-party account acts, and general familiarity with state probate and trust code requirements.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment and discretion;
• Ability to analyze legal risks based on federal and state laws and regulations while considering implementation of best practices;
• A strong commitment to client service;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to effectively interact with business lines and other support groups in person and remotely;
• Ability to identify, retain, and monitor outside counsel, where appropriate;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and to ensure completion of business deadlines
Successful candidates for a position in the U.S. Bank Law Division will support U.S. Bank's core values, which guide what we do every day:
• We do the right thing.
• We power potential.
• We stay a step ahead.
• We draw strength from diversity.
• We put people first.
We are proud that U.S. Bank has been recognized as a World's Most Ethical Company by the Ethisphere Institute and has been named the #1 Most Admired Superregional Bank by Fortune magazine.
In the U.S. Bank Law Division, we honor those values through our mission: "we guide our clients to remarkable results with expert legal counsel." Our commitment is evident in the work we do, not only for the bank, but for our communities. The Law Division has received several awards for its pro bono contributions, including the Minnesota Corporate Pro Bono Council's "Excellence in Pro Bono Award," and we encourage our legal professionals to contribute time and expertise to pro bono work as part of their role.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visitingusbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about theE-Verify program.