Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat has an immediate opening in our Behavioral Health and Health Policy Practice for a Senior Study Director. In this role you will be collaborating with a team of leading justice researchers, conducting survey and evaluation studies on issues like:
Juvenile Placement Victim Assistance
Restorative Justice Victim Services
Police In Schools Institutional & Community Corrections
Drug Courts Victims of Human Trafficking
Alternative Sanctions Mental Health Courts
Community Courts Family CourtsJob Responsibilities:
- You will have a leadership role in business development and strategy, this includes leading the development of technical, staffing, and cost proposals.
- You will manage project resources to meet schedules and budgets.
- You will be client focused, creating and fostering collaborative relationships with Westat's clients and subject matter experts.
- You will supervise, mentor and develop a research team.
- A Master's degree in Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology, or a related social science field with 10 years of relevant justice experience, or a Ph.D. in Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology, or a related social science field with 7 years of relevant justice experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading justice surveys and/or evaluation research.
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative research methods, collecting and analyzing data from administrative and primary sources (agencies, individuals).
- Experience in a contracting environment, managing project budgets, developing technical, staffing, and cost proposals.
- Experience with justice agencies, justice service providers, offenders, and/or victims.
- Publications, presentations and/or reports demonstrating justice research expertise.
- Demonstrated success managing and writing proposals and implementing projects.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.