Responsible for developing a strong pipeline of commercial Aircraft applications, guiding applicants through the loan process, and assisting in the closing and servicing of funded loans. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all policies & procedures within Commercial Lending, including but not limited to program features and benefits, documentation requirements, general policies, procedures, guidelines, compliance, origination systems and the loan disclosure processes. This person will also be responsible for assisting approved applicants through the pipeline to facilitate a successful closing, funding and set servicing expectations.
- Maintain a high level of responsiveness with applicants, origination partners and internal team members through phone, email and video conference.
- Act as lead on commercial loan submissions including processing incoming commercial aircraft loan inquiries and applications, determining eligibility, reviewing applications for completeness, preparing underwriting package for evaluation, relaying decision, coordinating the transition to closing and servicing.
- Verify information and financial history presented, through direct communication with applicants Accountant, Attorney, Financial Advisor or otherwise.
- Complete Loan Commitment letter with appropriate parties, terms, covenants and restrictions once underwriting relays an approved status.
- Coordinate appraisal/inspection activities, when applicable.
- Work with Loan Processors and Underwriters to obtain outstanding conditions from appropriate parties.
- Prepare expectations of annual review process for loan servicing, i.e. timeline, covenants, restrictions, and documentation otherwise.
- Minimum of 3 Years of Commercial Lending Experience (loan origination, account management, underwriting),
- Aircraft Lending experience preferred,
- Excellent verbal and written communication and sales skills,
- Ability to deliver exceptional member service and remain calm and courteous in stressful situations,
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions,
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete files and records,
- Proficient knowledge and experience using MS Office and ability to learn and utilize various LOS and Core software support systems as required,
- Ability to follow processes and procedures,
- Ability and willingness to be a Team Player within the Department,
- Ability to understand and work through borrower scenarios to recommend best financing options,
- Ability to communicate effectively and possess a can-do attitude,
- Be highly organized, conscientious and have great attention to details,
- Be self-driven and proactive.
Work Culture & Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Full Employer Match Up to 6%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care Expenses
- Collaborative & Dynamic Co-workers
- Innovative & Relevant Technology Resources
- Career Planning
USALLIANCE Federal Credit Union, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, values and supports the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Posting ID: 593742042Posted: 2021-01-15