Procurement Specialist: Zachary Piper Solutions is seeking an energetic, aggressive professional to manage and execute the assigned buying activities with products deployed worldwide for a diverse client base. We are looking for a team member that will own and be accountable for their assigned buying activities from initiation of requirements through delivery. This is not just a purchasing job, but moreover requires strategic planning and development of acquisition strategies, sources of supply and proactively support cost-down initiatives. The Procurement Specialist will serve in Dulles, VA. The Procurement Specialist will obtain requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifies receipt of items; authorizes payment. Location: Dulles, VA / Remote Procurement Specialist Duties & Responsibilities: * Purchase technical and professional services, by using various purchase methods (Open Market, Government Sources of supply, etc.) to buy a variety of complex items
* Complies with all provisions of the federal contract and Company SOPs as related to the Purchasing/Procurement function.
* Use government specifications and detailed purchase descriptions to obtain and evaluate proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
* Implement and maintain a Government Approved Purchasing system
* Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
* Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery. Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
* Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders and will
verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers. * Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation and keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents, including approval of invoice exceptions (quantity or price differs from the P.O.) for payment by Coordinating with Finance function to confirm pricing information.
* Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends, and seek out and identify opportunities for value creation (cost savings, cost avoidance, revenue enhancement) and risk reduction
* Prepares purchase orders and delivery schedules including verifying price and specifications. * Identify, analyze and qualify vendors which includes monitoring vendors adherence to quality standards, delivery schedules and contract terms. Determine points when supplier base should be expanded.
* Participates in weekly meeting which involves internal company groups to ensure prompt correction of vendor issues. Brief supervisor and management on procurement status, highlighting risk areas and risk mitigation approach
* Practices superior customer service and communication, including timely feedback on purchase requests.
* Develop procurement plan to support programs/projects. Purchase materials, parts, supplies, and equipment following established purchasing policies and procedures and optimizes price, delivery, and terms with minimum supervision
* Development economic purchase strategy. Source production materials and components, with consideration given to price, quality and availability.
* Help monitor parts obsolescence. Interact with stakeholders of purchased or manufactured components to address defective or unacceptable goods or services to determine source of the problem and take corrective action.
* Develop and maintain project schedule, ensuring supplies/services are received in timely manner. * Develop Supplier Agreements and similar arrangements in order to create stable supplier list and best pricing. Review bid proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
* Maintain procurement records such as items or services, purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories. * Run past due reports and exceptions reports to accommodate planning and production changes.
* Partner with cross functional team members to determine product needs and plans/schedules appropriately ensuring purchased parts/services support production schedule
* Performs risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost risks with Supply Chain
* Performs other related duties as required
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: * Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience as a Procurement Specialist/Buyer
* 3-5 years' experience performing Procurement Specialist/Buyer duties.
* Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations.
* Experience in locating and qualifying new sources of supply, negotiating cost-down approaches including long-term purchase agreements and other strategic arrangements.
* Knowledge of bills of materials (BOM) and dependencies.
* Demonstrated experience serving as a change agent.
* Demonstrated understanding of the impact of business decisions, and the change environment as it relates to documentation.
* Ability to create and coordinate routine reports, presentations, correspondences and tract activities by metrics. * Must have good communication skills, both written and oral, with advanced word processing skills
Clearance: * DoD Secret clearance
Compensation: * $80,000 - $90,000
Posting ID: 603281850Posted: 2021-02-20