Project Manager (IT)
Join our small but growing team as we pursue our vision to make rapid, remote digital forensics and incident response accessible, usable, and valuable to all businesses to improve their resiliency to cyberattack. Offering unparalleled speed to resolution, the CyFIR Enterprise platform from CyFIR, LLC gives customers the tools to rapidly identify, understand, and eliminate threats to their computing platforms.
This position reports to the Chief Product Officer (CPO) at our headquarters in Ashburn, VA. You will be working across our Engineering (development), Operations and Service Delivery to empower internal and external Digital Forensic Experts with our CyFIR product suite.
As CyFIR embarks upon transforming our platform to web-centric technologies, we are looking for a Project Manager with 4+ years of experience overseeing the completion of various IT and Engineering development projects that will advance our internal technology and help our external clients implement our solution faster.
- Develops project plans that integrate the schedules of functional groups to provide a time-based, realistic expectation for a given project to successfully complete;
- Experience with geographically distributed teams preferred;
- Aligns groups toward a common goal and empowers them by providing status and information that enable them to be successful in delivering project objectives;
- May prepares, assists with, or gives executive briefings for senior leadership on high visibility projects or programs;
- Tracks and manages action items and holds responsible individuals or groups accountable for deliverables and incorporates action items into a project schedule to ensure deliverables are met on time;
- Takes a proactive approach to each project to identify and understand risks and engage appropriate support before risks negatively affect the project deliverable (for example, impacts to scope, schedule or cost);
- Reads and understands the technical Scope(s) of Work issued by Engineering and the related Engineering Design Packages to grasp the architecture, topology, and technology involved in the project;
- Understands and identify upfront, with the aid of the project team, dependencies, and interactions that must be managed for successful on-time completion;
- Works with project teams to develop alternative solutions when necessary, identify early on when expedited activity is required, and drive true escalations if needed to keep projects on plan;
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field and/or 4 or more years of telecommunications, engineering, or technical project management experience;
- Must be proficient with program, project, and quality management methodologies;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Strong working knowledge of OmniPlan (mac);
- Experience with Agile SDLC and as a SCRUM master;
- Formal project management training through an accredited project management education provider with a Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) through the Project Management Institute (PMI) preferred;
- Manages day-to-day client interaction, sets and manages client expectations and continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships recognizing that client, owner, contractor and code enforcement authority perceptions of the firm are formed by the manner in which the firm manages and performs its work;
- Coordinates project plans across product, engineering, and operations to align the development and availability of product releases, features, and enhancements;
- Identifies resources needed for projects and coordinates assignment process and appropriate staffing;
- Tracks invoicing procedures (labor and expense) to assure billings are timely and properly prepared and procedures conform to the terms of the Agreement.
We value and respect diversity at our company. Applicants will be considered by what they bring to the table and the enthusiasm with which they bring it. We look forward to receiving your application. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer; however, due to the nature of our business all candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States as we do not offer sponsorship.Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 593762835Posted: 2021-01-15