Job Description: This position is responsible for developing and meeting revenue commitments through the sale of telecommunications platforms including cloud telephony, premise based equipment, software, circuits, installation and maintenance. Quality verbal and written customer facing skills are necessary for the development of account modules and customer bases. Sales executives are expected to develop account plans including base management of existing clients and the development of new opportunities. Interfacing with employees and customers in a professional, courteous manner is integral to the success of this job. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of telecommunications including voice, data, cloud and networking. Employees are required to complete sales certifications and training courses on new offerings. Updating and escalating to appropriate management personnel is required if difficulties are encountered.
- Develop and commit to a strategic (5 year) account plan identifying market segment (government, healthcare, manufacturing), opportunity and penetration plan
- Develop and commit to a tactical (1 year) account plan identifying specific targets including revenue target, customer name, opportunity and probability of sale
- Manage to tactical plan including quarterly reviews with management
- Adjust plans accordingly to ensure revenue targets are met
- Include training courses, time lines and certifications targeted for the year
- Plan customer meetings, including executive briefings, trade associations, etc.
- Identify and develop cold calling lists. Schedule 1 day per week for calling
- Call on leads that have been provided. Follow-up accordingly – letters, meetings, pricing, management inclusion for future meetings
- Modify Account Plan
- Include Base Management (ongoing from cloud, maintenance and circuits sales)
- Specify Growth accounts including details on opportunity
Project Opportunities - Configured Sales:
- Meet with customer to identify and qualify opportunities
- Create tickets in Tigerpaw to work with Design Engineer. Provide required forms including necessary information (# of phones, T1s, duplication, messaging, etc.)
- Review config design for accuracy and understanding of all items included for explanation to the customer.
- Complete SOW for review with Sales and Operations VP prior to customer presentation.
- Present proposal to customer including SOW and master contract for signature after approval by management
- Once signed, advise VP of Operations and schedule review meeting with PM and assigned technicians. Work with Engineer to provide Visio to Customer
- Remain informed on status of project. Participate in internal and external project kick off meetings. Will receive modifications in Service Order. Will also be advised of changes in scope or customer delays. Modify SO in Tigerpaw as required for additional expenses incurred re: missed dates or additions
- Review SO for accuracy re: billing and other charges. Will have 24 hours to advise of any changes or bill will be sent.
- Follow-up with customer. Obtain feedback. Position for future sales.
- Identify opportunity
- Work with design engineer to determine pricing
- Prepare contract
- Provide Customer with proposal and summary via Master Contract and/or SOW depending upon size and complexity of job
- Obtain customer signature
- Enter Service Order in Tigerpaw
- Review e-mails advising status
- Will receive approval copy of invoice prior to sending to customer. Will have 24 hours to modify.
- Provide customer with SOW that has approval by Management
- Provide Customer with a Master Contract
- Enter quotes into Tigerpaw and convert to SO when sold
- Work with Office Manager to collect 50% up front (if needed)
- Perform all other tasks as requested by management to assist in completing customer and internal VanRan requirements
- Attend all mandatory VanRan functions
- Obtain Certifications
- Maintain customer relationships
- Schedule Pre-Sales resources as needed
- Work with Office Manager on bill collection as needed
VanRan Communications has become a telecommunications industry leader because of our ability to analyze, recommend and implement turnkey, end-to-end communications solutions while minimizing the impact on customer business operations. VanRan has been an Authorized Avaya Business Partner since 1992 and an Authorized AT&T Solutions Provider partner since 1995. With our headquarters in Norcross, Georgia and our dual NOC/Branch Office in Centennial, Colorado, VanRan is able to provide operational redundancy, including sales staff, project managers, certified technicians, monitoring tools, lab environment and fully-stocked warehouses for our customers nationwide.
Posting ID: 563321122Posted: 2021-01-26