We are looking for a Phlebotomy Supervisior (40 hours per week) in our Metuchen, NJ location.
Schedule: Monday-Sunday, hours varied based on business needs.
The Phlebotomy Supervisor evaluates, trains and schedules the day to day staffing of phlebotomist. Coordinate duties and assist with the interpretation and clarification of miscellaneous test.
- Ability to coordinate phlebotomist's schedules through resourceful and creative thinking to accommodate clients' needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients including patients, sales, client service, logistics, senior management, etc.
- Ability to understand all fundamental phlebotomy procedures and ensure that all phlebotomists are capable of following these procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and schedule the day to day staffing and emergency coverage
- Coordinate duties of phlebotomist. Assist with the interpretation of or clarification of miscellaneous test.
- Act as a main consultant when answering questions about unusual tests for customers
- Act as a liaison for troubleshooting problems.
- Conduct employees' orientation and training for phlebotomist.
- Ensures appropriate equipment and supply usage
- Assists in training of new employees
- Follow regulatory requirements, OSHA, and all departmental and company policies and procedures, including infection control and biohazard waste disposal.
- Follow all compliance procedures and policies.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of BioReference Laboratories, Inc. by performing nontechnical, educational and administrative duties.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a courteous and efficient manner, demonstrating positive customer service principles to clients at all times
- Review applications for new hires and recommend termination.
- Inform manager of any issues.
- Review employees' performance 6 times per year.
- Complete timesheets and justify all overtime hours.
- Perform other duties and job assignments as requested.
- High School Diploma, Degree a Plus
- 5+ years supervisory experience-managing 20+ employees during different shifts
- Experience with Cancer patients
- Proficient Computer skills
- Phlebotomy Certified
- Basic technical knowledge a plus
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting ID: 599650456Posted: 2021-01-15