In Professional Careers, you usually get one or the other – Opportunity or Security. It is very unlikely that you find situations where you have BOTH opportunity and security. Fortunately for you, as our new Experienced CPA/CPA Candidate/Enrolled Agent – we will provide you with both. With this next hire, we are looking for someone that we can mold into the next Partner of our firm.
Vazquez, Baldwin & Family, Inc., is a growing and thriving CPA Firm providing tax, accounting, and business consulting services to small and medium-sized businesses throughout the Los Angeles & Orange County area! We currently have two office locations, a main office location in Los Alamitos and a satellite office in Irvine, CA. This position will be out of our main Los Alamitos office location. We have clients in the Food & Beverage, Entertainment, Online Retail, Automobile, Insurance, Transportation and Real Estate Industry.
We are looking for an experienced CPA/CPA Candidate/Enrolled Agent on a full-time basis. This is an awesome opportunity to really grow professionally and personally and you will report directly to the Partners of the firm.
Qualities/Traits/Skills we are looking for:
1. Well organized – you need to be able to handle multiple client engagements at one time
2. Great attention to detail – we are a CPA Firm. Attention to Detail is everything.
3. Great communicator – you will be dealing directly with business owners, CEOs, & CFOs. We want someone that isn’t afraid of emailing clients, taking phone calls, and meeting with clients.
4. Task orientated – we will assign tasks and we expect you to carry the task out or seek guidance to complete the task if you are unclear of what to do. We want results, not excuses.
5. Motivated to work – You won’t become a Partner of our firm if you are a lazy ass
6. Someone who takes the initiative – We want someone that is relentless in their pursuit of success as a CPA in Southern California
7. Extensive experience with business tax returns – Know what an 1120S/1120/1065 is and how to start the tax return and put it up for review for a Partner to review. Know how to reconcile a balance sheet on a tax return. Know how to make book to tax adjustments. If you can’t do the tax return all the way through, know how to start the return and take it as far as you can until you reach a stopping point, so you can schedule a time to speak with a Partner to get clarification/guidance on how to complete the tax return.
8. QuickBooks Online & Desktop — we are in the process of transitioning all of our clients to QB Online and we need someone with experience with QB Online. Know how to review a financial statement, identify issues, reconcile & make AJEs with QB Online and QB Desktop
9. Tax Software Experience – know how to use tax software.
10. Client Orientated – we go the extra mile for our clients. We want someone that isn’t scared to go the extra mile to get a job done.
11. Management/Leadership Experience – Junior staff will look to you when they need help. You don’t need to have management experience within a CPA Firm, we will train you on how to manage effectively, but have experience in some sort of leadership/management. We will want to know about past management/leadership experience if you don’t have any CPA firm management experience.
12. Bilingual in English and Spanish is a HUGE plus
With our main office in Los Alamitos, it would really be ideal if you lived within a 25 minute drive from our office. If you need to travel to our Irvine location, we will pay you mileage for the trips between offices.
During Tax Season, we typically work no more than 60 hours in a week. We do a very good job in spreading client work out throughout the year. For the past two years, we have been able to enjoy four-day work weeks during the summer months, May – July, and then we pick back up to full-time/overtime hours during extension season from August – October and stay busy with year-end tax planning for our business owner clients in November & December.
We want someone that wants to work and grow. If you are more concerned about compensation packages, looking for four weeks off a year, benefits and want to do the bare minimum to get by – don’t even apply. If you are someone that wants to hustle and really get to that next level in your career, we want your resume and cover letter and we look forward to speaking with you.
In your cover letter – tell us about yourself. Tell us about a time where you went the extra mile to get a job done for a client. Also tell us about a time, either professionally or personally, where you were a leader and you absolutely crushed it.
Pay will be based on experience.
If you want to know more about our firm, check out our IG: @VBANDFINC and our Yelp page: https://www.yelp.com/biz/vazquez-and-family-inc-irvine — We will notice you if you drop us a DM on IG.