A Service Route Trainer (SRT) is accountable for providing our route drivers (SRMs) support coverage, distribution of goods and great customer service support, while training and supporting the regions SRM’s on DOT, PPE and basics functions of the position.
This position is to help support the SRM’s as a backup driver and trainer. Will support the Managers in creating a uniformed SRM team and help keep this position functioning across the region.
Duties and Primary Responsibilities – These are the responsibilities that the employee has full accountability for.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Training:
1. Training Service Route Managers (SRM) on basic functions of the job
2. Training on outlined DOT, OSHA, PPE and ILearn modules
3. Coordinate ride along for updates and continued training
4. Update delivery lists, adding new providers, focusing on route efficiency
5. Train new SRM’s
6. Help outline new training for the SRM’s
Route Support and Coverage:
1. Physically servicing of customers while operating routes
2. Maintaining relationships with regional SRM’s
3. Delivery of new batteries or ancillary products.
4. While supporting routes you are the primary contact for customers
5. While supporting routes you will collect junk batteries warranties and rotates and return to designated drop zone.
6. Work closely with managers to ensure your customers are aware of initiatives and current battery promotions.
7. While supporting routes you have Full Responsible of the following:
a. D365 and Extendata Proficiency
b. Fill rate and stock mix of customers / Battery Rotation
c. Inventory Control for your customers
d. Vehicle Inventory control / Variances / FIFO
e. Stock take before the start of the route and end of route
8. Battery Testing knowledge and equipment troubleshooting
9. Maintain vehicle condition and appearance
10. To provide exemplary customer service
11. Comply with all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), and all other federal, state, and local laws.
12. Maintain all required Company logs, records, and reports on a daily basis.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
14. Comply with DOT standards and OSHA regulations
15. Comply with all accounting policies and Expense reporting
16. During initial 12- 18 months assist in all rollout plans as assigned
As an employee you are expected to be:
• Responsible for providing a healthy and safe work environment by:
• Actively participating in induction and other necessary ongoing/refresher Health and Safety training
• Promptly reporting all hazards and hazardous incidents to management and contributing to hazard control as required. This includes active participation in hazard identification on a regular basis.
• Assisting other employees, who may be new or inexperienced, to work safely, as required;
• Actively contributing ideas and suggestions to improve Health and Safety performance; and
• Promptly reporting all accidents/incidents/near misses, participating in any associated accident investigation and assisting to successfully implement any corrective action required.
• Responsible for ensuring the company brand is promoted at every opportunity in a positive and professional manner.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications Required:
• Previous trade background in the automotive industry. Able to resolve conflict (when applicable).
• Prefer minimum 4 years of customer service support, sales or service experience. Able to make decisions and judgments within limitations of role. Experience with self-planning and deadlines.
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) experience
• Time management.
• Conflict resolution.
• Able to make judgments on the spot and over the phone.
• Well organized. Excellent communication – verbal & written.
• Able to complete reports and paperwork as required.
• Understanding Product knowledge.
• Ability to relate effectively with others.
• Prefer basic automotive and mechanical knowledge.
• Must have command of the English language and must be able to communicate and discuss service with customers.
• Road travelling experience (knowledge of surrounding coverage area).
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred but not required
• Forklift electric pallet jack certification preferred but not required
• Classroom teaching and train the trainer knowledge
• Safety Training
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed outdoors and on a Service Truck. Requires the following physical activities: Excessive lifting and carrying equipment/batteries weighing up to 40-75 pounds; bending, kneeling and balancing to replace batteries. Exposure to noise from traffic, cell phone, etc. daily.
The following are pre-employment screens required upon commencement of employment:
• Must be able to pass DOT Physical Exam
• Must pass DOT Regulated Drug Test
• Must pass HPE Human Performance Evaluation Physical Exam
Employee must have the ability to maintain administration duties. Ability to perform duties unsupervised. Deal with a large and diverse range of products. Handle a large customer base. Work well under pressure – time and people. Work effectively as a member of the team.
Employees must adhere to all applicable policies and procedures. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Willingness and ability to work non-standard business hours, such as nights, weekends, and holidays, on an as-needed basis may be required. Employees must be able to cope effectively with difficult situations and multiple demands.