Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission. Joining the Microsoft Federal Operations team will bring you close to the customer and a leading edge go-to-market team. The team has a dynamic, mission-driven culture, with a high degree of passion to meet the needs of US Government customers with a range of solutions. We offer unique opportunities to work across global projects and teams in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, and recognizes and rewards great work. We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
The Agreement to Invoice Process Manager within Microsoft Federal Operations is responsible for stewardship, architecture, capability, extensibility and portfolio management of transaction design, maturity, performance, metrics, launch success, continuous improvement and innovation for US government business. The role plays a mission critical role accountable for enabling ease of doing business with Microsoft customers and partners and company to scale through process excellence, standardization and automation. The role collaborates with other Business Process Management leaders, functional teams, partners and field resources to deliver best in class, integrated contracting and agreement through invoicing process, services and support experiences, and identifies and implements industry best practices to improve existing processes. The role also owns the end-to-end launch process, working across multiple stakeholders from Operations, Sales, Finance, Trade, Compliance, Legal, Partner Readiness, Support, Policy, etc.Stewardship:
- Curate in-depth understanding of end to end process area, its performance, pain points and issues and compliance.
- Engagement, alignment, optimization & governance of cross-Microsoft teams engaged in process.
- Participate in internal/external forums, engaging customers and partners to help them digitally transform.
Capability & Extensibility:
- Leads long-term vision for process architecture. Manages ordinal list of process improvements addressing immediate pain points/issues, long-term process optimization for scale.
- Define framework from L0 down to L5 level, including cost, volume & resource profiles.
- Use the BPM Maturity model, benchmark as-is process, plan roadmap and scorecard to improve and achieve to-be (short, mid-, long-term).
- Review digital workflow and automation opportunities as the process evolves.
- Assess process performance metrics with industry peers & identify process improvement opportunities.
- Drive process improvements for broad, lasting business impact and scale across Microsoft.
Performance Measurement and Success Definition
- Lead prioritization, investment planning and resourcing for continued process improvement roadmap, contributing to overall prioritized efforts with forecasted improvements centered on digital transformation.
- Accountable for the delivery of business process design through managing and building roadmaps.
- Controls and Compliance: Understands and applies process compliance and designs operations/process controls.
- Signoff on Operations Delivery Lifecycle tollgates and change management decisions.
- Define clear KPIs and measurable impacts on for all improvements. Coordinate cross-process lead efforts applying Microsoft policy, process framework and operating model standards.
- Balanced scorecard to drive strategy, coverage, cost, velocity, accuracy, compliance, and digital transformation
- Monitor and report end to end process performance, health, improvement scorecard with KPIs and business outcomes (effectiveness, efficiency, % process documented, cost, capacity, productivity, quality and ROI)
- Compliance: Develop proactive monitoring and controls measuring process rigor, compliance and quality.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Candidates must have an active US Government TS/SCI clearance and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph), or have an active TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience is required in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field
- 5+ years' experience in Operations, Program and Project Management and Process Management with proven ability for planning, scheduling & coordinating
- Demonstrated excellence in thought leadership, decision-making, influence, and process execution management.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security background screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements currently include, but may change, and are not limited to:
- Microsoft Cloud Screen Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Screen background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter while in this role.
- United States Government (USG) contractor experience is a plus.
- Government industry knowledge to shape transformational business deal construction.
- Business Process Management (BPM) certified and experience with agreements, orders, invoice platforms, and ERP integrations.
- US federal government depth of knowledge and proven track record of researching, reviewing, interpreting, and applying the various federal FAR/DFAR acquisition and procurement codes to provide world class government order-to-cash and business development/capture support.
- A track record of exceptional partnering across a wide array of internal business groups, executive stakeholders and execution partners with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Proven impact and influence skills - ability to work broadly across disparate groups to gain agreement on direction, integrate disparate opinions into cohesive strategy/message and present/defend recommendations.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate uncertain situations to drive for clarity; work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-speed environment.
- Experience in use of Six Sigma, Lean, Agile and/or Scrum Methodologies modeling AS IS and TO BE processes.
- PMP certification desired
- Able to work effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel driving achievement of business goals, metrics and problem resolution.
- Track record of breaking down silos and working with others within your team and other organizations to maximize impact.
This role is open to applicants who are willing to work in Northern VA or Redmond, WA and its surrounding areas.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.