Location: Walbridge, OH
Local CDL-A Hazmat Tanker Drivers - Various Shifts Available, 63.9K with Trainees Welcome!
Home Daily & Benefits!
Please Call (866) 542-0068 or Apply Below!
Velocity Rail Solutions, Inc. is an A. Stucki Company, with a history dating back to 1911. Velocity has long term fixed contracts with Class I Railroads to fuel and/or service locomotives using specialized equipment. We have dedicated trucks that operate 24/7 365 days a year. We work in all types of weather and our work is not seasonal. Pay you can count on!!!!!!!
We are hiring Class A CDL Drivers with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements for our Walbridge, OH location. Trainees are welcome as long as you have Hazmat and Tanker endorsements. We have both AM and PM shifts available.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Various Shifts Available!
- Local-Home Daily
- Long term fixed contracts
- Consistent paychecks
- Consistent schedule
- We are on duty for 12 hours a day and overtime is paid after 40 hours
- Accrued PTO beginning your first day
- Paid holidays
- Excellent benefits with low deductibles and copays (health, dental, vision, and 401K)
- Rewarding work with a great team of individuals
- On the job training
- And most of all Stability!!!
- First and foremost, work safely at all times without incident. You are empowered to STOP work at any time due to unsafe conditions.
- Follow the step by step procedures when fueling and servicing locomotives.
- Fully loaded and readily available, while on duty, to answer customer dispatches and respond in a timely manner.
- Provides complete and accurate fuel accounting paperwork in the prescribed manner within established timelines.
- Wears all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Conducts pre and post shift vehicle and equipment inspections.
- Use worker protection when required and follows all customer safety rules and regulations.
- Controls, contains and reports any spill or incident (operational and/or safety related) immediately to management.
- Assists with light maintenance and upkeep of the vehicles and equipment.
- Assists with cleanliness and organization of company provided office space, storage, etc.
- Ensure all training is current and kept up to date.
- Is a reliable, safe, and positive team member that demonstrates their commitment with proper attendance, verbal or written communication, and conduct.
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Manager or Site Leader.
- Must have a Class A CDL with hazardous materials and tanker endorsements.
- Must be able to clear all background checks required by the company, customer and government.
- Individuals are responsible for maintaining all required licenses and certifications at all times.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must know when to ask for help.
- Moderate computer skills are required.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Should be willing to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends and holidays. Shifts may rotate.
- Able to consistently bend, stoop, kneel and climb on and off elevated surfaces
- May have to walk long distances on paved or unmaintained or uneven surfaces
- Able to climb in and out of a truck cab multiple times per shift, and climb a ladder or steps 10 or more times per day
- Able to drive and work outside in adverse weather conditions
- Willing to work with liquid non-hazardous & dry bulk materials
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs frequently
We offer hourly pay with built in Overtime on a weekly basis! Paid training! Plus we offer "Paid Holidays", whether you are scheduled to work or not! Vacation time starts to accrue day one, even while you are in training. You can use it as you accrue it, carry it over, let it build up, or cash it out! No need to wait 1 year for vacation time to be available! We also have a full benefits package available after 60 days of employment. Drivers find out our benefit offerings, low deductibles and premiums, and that we match up to 5% on our 401K. They are fully vested in their contributions immediately. Our benefit offerings show how much we care about drivers and their families!
Velocity Rail Solutions is an A.Stucki company working with the Railroads for over 108 years. We are an essential business, since we support the Railroads. We were fully operational during the COVID-19 shut down period at over 70 locations throughout the United States. Our drivers hours did not decline, despite some freight volume reductions. Thanks to our high demand services, our drivers were still paid for all "ON-DUTY" hours, 48 to 60 hours a week. We can offer you stability that other companies cannot!
Please Call (866) 542-0068 or Apply Below!
Posting ID: 598533556Posted: 2021-01-20