The National Sales Manager will report directly to the Director of Sales and will have direct responsibility for all assigned accounts.
Direct daily management of all aspects of the assigned accounts.
- Responsibility for management of current house accounts as well as existing account sales reps.
- Responsibility for forecasting functions of assigned accounts.
- Responsibility for pre-season and in-season sales functions of assigned accounts.
- Responsibility for management of promotional activities at assigned accounts.
- Joint responsibility with the Director of Sales regarding account profitability.
Establishing New Accounts/Customers
Directly responsibility for researching, pioneering, presentations to, and securing new customer accounts.
- Market research necessary to establish an account as legitimate “Target Account”
- Research the Target Account completely to understand their acceptability as a potential customer.
- Know who the competition is at the Target Account, and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Establish a marketing plan for the Target Account.
- Develop presentation for Target Account.
- Complete all required customer information to set Ventamatic up as a vendor.
- Complete all required Ventamatic information to set Target Account up as a customer.
- Coordinate Target Account/ Customer product needs with Inventory Control Department.
Trade Show Responsibility
Ventamatic will require participation in National Trade Shows which may or may not directly correspond to a specific customer.
Due to the nature of the Ventamatic culture and product seasonality/production, communication with the headquarters is essential. We require basic daily communication via phone or computer, as well as:
- Monthly Expense Reporting with receipts.
- Weekly Territory Activity Reports
A successful candidate will possess the following characteristics;
- A professional self-starter experienced in calling on and successfully managing national accounts from inception through annual retention reviews. (With or without outside rep support.)
- Possess the willingness and ability to prospect and add new customers.
- Experienced in business review preparation and presentation.
- Excellent communication skills to preserve and grow business relationships.
- Knowledge of the various product channels we serve.
- Knowledge of competition strengths and weakness.
- Ability to work on his or her own, while maintaining clear lines of communication with the management team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Extreme diligence regarding due-dates & deadlines.
- Must be a Team Player.
Posting ID: 599500209Posted: 2021-01-23