Machine Operator (Overnight)
Shift: Nights - 12 hours shifts
*Rotating 12-hour night shifts, where every other weekend is a 3-day weekend!
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers' tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples' expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much you're willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
Ventura Foods offers career growth opportunities, on-the-job training, as well as a full suite of benefits beginning on your first day for eligible employees, including:
- Profit Sharing and 401k Matching (after eligibility criteria is met)
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time, and Holidays
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Medical & Prescription Coverage
- Dental & Vision Benefits
- Basic and Supplemental (AD&D) Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Currently hiring for regular full-time employees to join our team. Ventura foods offers on-the-job-training, opportunities for overtime, a full suite of benefits (beginning on your first day), as well as employee appreciation events. Machine Operators are critical to growing business success and helping our customers delight their customers by making quality products. In this job, you will operate and maintain manufacturing equipment at a standard that meets or exceeds all internal and external customer requirements. Work in a manufacturing environment following appropriate policies and procedures to ensure successful execution of position responsibilities.
- Responsible for operating the filling and/or packaging equipment. Duties may include, completing daily and weekly P.M.s, adjusting and aligning all primary functions of the machinery. Responsible for making minor mechanical repairs and replacement of certain defective parts
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the filler and packing functions of the machine and have the ability to troubleshoot issues and make necessary adjustments in the HMI
- Maintains daily production and quality records, operates the equipment in a safe manner, and keeps the work area clean
- Assists in the training of the production assistants, to assure quality parameters are adhered to, and GMPs and safety rules are followed. Ability to train and evaluate trainees
- Installing and maintaining all information in the product library
- Performs sanitation of filling line equipment including operating the C.I.P. circuits, mixing chemicals in their correct proportions following all safety requirements and wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of filling and packaging equipment
- Good mechanical ability including the ability to diagnose and resolve mechanical abnormalities and to set up and maintain machinery making routine adjustments
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Harrisburg
Job Segment: Food Safety, Equipment Operator, Chef, Culinary, Machinist, Quality, Manufacturing, Hospitality