The Controller plans and directs all accounting operational functions, handles the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluates accounting and internal control systems. This is a leadership role and you will be expected to make key decisions and encourage innovative ideas.
What you'll do
- Responsible for the preparation of month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, profit and loss statements, account reconciliations & G/L analysis.
- Prepare and provide financial statements, activity reports, revenue reports, analysis, and other reports on a scheduled or unprompted basis.
- Coordinates and assigns duties to the accounting staff as needed.
- Managing all accounting activities including fixed asset accounting, general ledger accounting, cash management, sales tax filings.
- Manage external Tax accountants and Auditors.
- Manage the creation of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them on a monthly basis.
- Confer with upper management regarding budgeting and reviewing strategies to meet overall goals and objectives.
- Oversee the handling of risk management, including business insurance.
- Enhance the accuracy of the company's reporting of financial results and ensure that reported results comply with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Partnering with Sales, Marketing, and Product teams on the pricing strategy. Participate in development of bids and proposals, and review of existing projects
The experience you bring
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, preferable in a management role.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or comparable discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an attention to details.
- Experience with Excel and QuickBooks or other accounting software.
- Ability to motivate and mobilize others; lead, influence and facilitate the efforts of the team towards achievement of goals.
Ventus has a collaborative, dynamic, fast paced environment that offers a wide range of learning and career opportunities. We look for people with can-do positive attitudes, who are flexible when priorities change and willing to reach in and help wherever needed. We offer a competitive compensation package including health benefits, life, and disability insurance programs, complimentary fitness center, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, and generous paid time off.
Ventus is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
Posting ID: 563887081Posted: 2021-01-22