This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan
- Access to NIH’s unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS: The contractor shall:
- Support the FOIA program by providing advisor related assistance and case processing support.
- Receive, review and respond to information requests from the general public, attorneys, congressional offices, research investigators, news media, education institutions, and others; explain DHHS FOIA policy and procedures to inside customers and requesters external to the organization.
- Consistent with law and regulation, determine what information is proprietary under FOIA and therefore exempt from release; redact records in accordance with policy, prepare material for release, and arrange for materials to be duplicated; write requesters appropriate interim letters, partial release letters, and final close-out letters.
- Access Internet sources; e.g., grantee and contractor Web sites, public and private institution Web sites pertinent to grant or contract material, Freedom of Information Act Guide & Privacy Act Overview and the FOIA Update published by the U.S. Department of Justice; utilize sources available within the IC such as computerized databases on scientific projects and program homepages.
- Serve as a resource for the IC and for those responsible for providing records to the incumbent in response to FOIA requests; update program officials on changes in applicable laws and provide training and guidance; brief program officials on issues of concern and informs them of course of action; review letters and records for compliance with the FOIA, legal opinions, court decisions, and DHHS regulations and policies.
- Serve as a FOIA/PA expert; provide confident recommendations/advice to senior management on the technical and policy requirements of the Acts, including the conditions under which information must be released or withheld; make recommendations on any FOIA/PA issues that must be referred to the Office of the Director, NIH, for resolution; provide counsel about whether to release or deny release of information on unusually complex, controversial, or unprecedented requests, or to refer the issue to NIH for resolution.
- Analyze the nature and scope of FOIA and PA requests and refer them to the appropriate NIAID divisions and offices for drafting of responses; review all records to determine the information and documents that are responsive to requests.
- Provide expert advice to staff responsible for answering inquiries for documents in the possession of NIAID; ensure the development of accurate and authoritative information on NIAID programs, to include the development of written products that articulate, interpret, and explain highly complex, potentially controversial and important agency programs and research findings; requests come from scientists, medical professionals, members of academia, the press, the general public, professional or voluntary associations, attorneys, other government agencies and congressional offices; requests cover a broad spectrum of matters, from general information about the organization to highly sensitive investigations or personnel matters; guide staff on identifying which documents are releasable and which are to be withheld in accordance with FOIA and PA regulations.
- Review, evaluate, and counsel senior NIAID leadership on extraordinary cases that raise unusual issues or require special attention or guidance in view of possible unfavorable publicity to NIAID or NIH; provide staff assistance by reviewing and evaluating recommendations and other problems referred to the Office for decision.
REQUIREMENTS: The contractor must have:
- Minimum of a BS degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of five years FOIA experience, NIH FOIA experience preferred.
- Must be familiar with FOIAExpress operating system.
- Research skills in internet, email, databases and computer software.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren’t contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly’s Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what’s next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]]