Military Optical Systems Engineer
Lasers, Optics, LIDAR, Laser
We are seeking an experienced systems engineer to join our team and lead the development of advanced lidar, laser, and/or optical communications systems. You will exercise considerable latitude in advancing the development of laser-based technologies over a range of maturities from first prototype design and demonstration to delivery of operational systems in a military and/or space environment. This position requires a combination of technical leadership and program management and you will have diverse responsibilities throughout the development life-cycle that include:
· Leading the successful execution of system development programs including both programmatic and systems engineering responsibilities.
· Establish key system-level requirements and the corresponding derived requirements for subsystems and components across multiple technical disciplines.
· Assessment and mitigation of technical, cost and schedule risks with routine stakeholder communications.
· Oversight of requirements verification testing and performance documentation.
· Sustainment of healthy customer relationships as a primary technical point of contact with external customer organizations.
You will join an agile small business that has a dedicated team of technology and business leaders with 35 years of success behind them.
Call Tom Mulhearn at 252-255-1033 for further information, or email resume to email@example.com
Recruiting and Search