Position Title: Accountant
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Work Hours: Monday-Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm
TI Verbatim Consulting’s (TIVC) mission is to implement lasting workplace, staffing, and business support solutions in federal government and commercial environments. TIVC believes its customers deserve more than just a “One Size Fits All" approach. We improve the workplace using culture assessment to inform leadership and ignite culture optimization. We bridge language divides through culturally accurate translation and interpretation. We provide excellence, ethics, collaboration, and flexibility in all our staffing services to "Help People Work Better Together."
TIVC is a Hispanic, woman owned small business and is certified by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs as a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business and the U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce as an Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business. TIVC is a participant in the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) Business Development program.
2.0 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Accountant will be responsible for ensuring all financial records and statements are compliant with laws, regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Oversee all accounting operations, including financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, fixed assets, bank statement reconciliations, etc.
- Manage month-end and annual general ledger close process including timely and accurate preparation of all financial reports at the project/company levels as well as balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Support company-wide budgeting and forecasting processes, including monthly analysis of actual costs versus budget.
- Ensure continual process improvement and excellent customer service to all employees and management.
- Maintain accurate accounting records.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001:2015 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy and procedures and meeting QMS objectives.
- Understand the implications of not conforming to QMS requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
3.1 EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related major required.
- At least 1-5 years of progressive financial management experience, with at least 3 years as an accountant or similar position in a Federal government contracting environment.
3.3 KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
- QuickBooks proficiency.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); familiarity with general Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) requirements, Federal legislation, rules, and guidelines, including compilation of incurred cost submissions, federal, state, and local tax filings, and other government reports, preferred.
4.0 PHYSICAL AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Sitting, bending, standing, walking, 8 hours per day.
- Able to lift 20 lbs.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Attention to detail.
- Produce error-free work.
- Make sure that customer requests come first.
- Self-starter who thinks of innovative, faster ways to accomplish tasks.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and able to adapt to our dynamic environment.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 596833233Posted: 2021-01-21