When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here. What you'll be doing...
As an Enterprise Architect, you'll fulfill the role of trusted technical adviser for Federal clients under the Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) MSA contract and other large non-EIS Federal contracts and opportunities. You will act as the technical solutions lead for internal and external solution development including proposals, Request for Proposals, Request for Quotes, and Request for Information (RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs) by putting together solutions across multi-towers (Cloud, Security, Networking, Voice, UCC, Contact Center, Wireless, IoT), supporting literature, diagrams, write-ups, responses, and presentations.
What we're looking for...
- Be an integral part of the sales team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key Client technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Own the technical relationship with clients, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, coordination of additional technical resources, and obtaining Client requirements and translates these into a (Client specific) Solution Design and/or Verizon Enterprise offer.
- Leads solution definition and solution design both internal within Verizon Enterprise as well as towards the Client.
- Leads prioritization of Client solution / technical requirements and champions resolution of solution / product gaps internally.
- Work with potential Client to analyze IT infrastructure for potential opportunities to demonstrate Verizon Enterprise solution's unique capabilities.
- Articulates the Verizon Enterprise vision on technologies and solutions towards the Client; positions Verizon Enterprise as thought leader on key technological developments.a
- Develop individual skill set and expand product knowledge to maximize value and to deliver quality services to our clients. This includes attaining designated certification requirements and attending product-specific training, reviewing technical literature, and obtaining hands-on experience.
- Travel to Client sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in a Pre-sales or customer-facing consulting capacity or related technical experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- A degree.
- Government Integrator experience.
- Experience in sales or service of Government customers.
- Experience presenting and delivering technical pitches demonstrating the value of proposed Verizon solutions.
- Ability to be competent in generating solution documentation for both internal stakeholders and clients in the form of written solution explanations, diagrams, slides, documents, spreadsheets.
- Ability to quickly learn, understands, and works with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions.
- Ability to attain designated certification requirements and attends product-specific training, reviewing technical literature, and obtaining hands-on experience.
- Experience in Data and IP Services (MPLS, SIP, internet, VPN, SDN, NFV, SDWAN).
- Experience in Voice Services (Circuit Switched Voice, IP Voice, SIP Trunking).
- Experience in Access Technologies (TDM, Ethernet).
- Experience in Network Operations (Managed Services for WLAN, LAN, WAN, IP PBX, Automation/Orchestration).
- Experience in Security (DDOS, FW, IDS, WAF, DDI, SIEM, Analytics, Micro-segmentation).
- Experience in Call Center Technologies (ACD, IVR, Call Recording, Toll Free Services).
- Experience in Cloud and Data Center Outsourcing (application management, compute and storage, virtualization, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- Experience in Wireless technologies (IoT).
- Experience in IT Applications Management (SOA, Web Services).
- Experience in Security, architecture, and industry certifications such as (CISSP, TOGAFv9, ITIL, Cisco CCNA or CCNP, CCSK, Avaya, Amazon, Microsoft, etc.).
- Functional knowledge in leading technology network and security vendor portfolios such as Cisco, Avaya, Viptela, Versa, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Juniper, and more.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion
page to learn more.