Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.Responsibilities
The Privacy - HIPAA Senior Consultantwill provide program management and support to Defense Health Agency (DHA) Privacy and Civil Liberties Office located at the Defense Health Headquarters (DHA) in Falls Church, VA. Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Build and implement a HIPAA compliance program
- Support regulatory compliance programs
- Support an integrated health care privacy and security programs for a Federal agency
- Support the application and implementation of HIPAA in complex healthcare environments
- Integrate HIPAA with other federal laws, including the Privacy Act
- Collaborate with the Military Departments including support for the Health Information Privacy and Security Compliance Committee
- Integrating HIPAA with other regulatory and policy requirements
- Support key risk management efforts to assess risk, such as privacy Risk Management Framework (RMF) reviews and support the annual HIPAA Security Risk Assessments across the MHS enterprise
- Prepare and/or support reports required related to the various Privacy Office programs, Section 803 Reports, FISMA reports, responses to data calls, etc.
- Possess a AHIMA/HIPAA certification from the Commission on Certification for Health Informatics and Information Management or an equivalent AHIMA/HIPAA related certifications such as Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technology (RHIT), Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS), Certified Document Improvement Practitioner (CDIP), or Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA)
- In-depth experience in applying and analyzing the HIPAA Privacy Rule, HIPAA Breach Notification Rule, and HIPAA Security Rule
- Experience in building and implementing HIPAA compliance programs
- Experience in policy development in the federal government
- Experience in integrating HIPAA with other regulatory and policy requirements with preferred DoD experience
- Knowledge of Federal Privacy compliance including the Privacy Act, the E-Government Act, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), and related legislation and guidance
- Minimum degree required: Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of project management/consultant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present to executive leadership
- Ability to organize, perform, and track multiple tasks accurately in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work successfully as part of a team and effectively collaborate with internal and external senior-level stakeholders to achieve shared organizational goals
- Proven ability to work independently and collaborate with others
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and managing recurring deliverables
- Knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office Product(s) and related applications
- Certified Program Management Professional (PMP)
- Must be U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
- Experience supporting a military service branch, the Military Health System or another large health system
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.Disclaimer
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus