Dynamic Precision Manufacturing is located in a new, modern 40,000 sq ft building in Zimmerman, MN. Dynamic Precision Manufacturing was established to address the need for tight-tolerance machined components for its parent company, Reliant Systems, Inc. (which designs and manufactures high precision linear and rotary positioning stages) and customers looking for high quality precision machining services.
Dynamic has made major investments in state-of-the-art machining centers and metrology instrumentation. Our equipment includes, two Mazak HCN-5000 horizontal mills, Mazak VCN-700D vertical mill, two Mazak VCN-510C vertical mills, a Mazak VCN-410A vertical mill, two Mazak QTN 250-II MSY turning centers, an Okamoto ACC20-40EXB precision surface grinder, a Zeiss Eclipse 2840-24 and a new Zeiss Accura 900/1600/800 vast XT gold CMM for inspections. We have approved two additional pieces of equipment in early Q1 2021 to help enhance capabilities and support capacity. Also, with our contract manufacturing and assembly area we can provide a complete turnkey product to our customers.
Dynamic has a full engineering support staff to work closely with our customers from concept to design to implementation. Dynamic's vision is to not only support Reliant Systems but to offer high quality precision machining services to customers in fields that also have these demanding tolerance requirements.
Dynamic Precision Manufacturing is searching for a General Manager. This position manages, coordinates and continuously monitors all activities related to the manufacturing of machine parts made in the shop through the daily management of a team of employees utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and procedures.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of management in a machine shop environment, Associate’s degree and 4+ years of management in a machine shop environment, Certificate in Business Management (alternatively considered: Quality, Project Management, Quality Engineer, Production, or Manufacturing Engineer, Manufacturing Leadership) and 6+ years of management in a machine shop, OR a minimum of 8+ years of management in a machine shop environment.
- 10+ years’ experience working in machine shop environment preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints along with proficiency in GD&T.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to communicate effectively to the intended audience.
- Excellent MS Office skills, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to lead change, with enthusiasm and a positive approach; Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming, complaining or making excuses; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability and works within budgets.
- Self-Management: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Displays willingness to make decisions while exhibiting sound judgment and reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions. Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time effectively and efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful/respectful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Follows through on commitments.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check.
Lead Dynamic Precision Manufacturing and all departments with a business mindset to include the oversight of daily operations, communication with site Executive management, ability to design strategies for effective and efficient operations for business growth, engagement in customer activities, pursue and achieve targeted goals & objectives, and direct employees for operational success.
- Create and maintains a high quality teamwork environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
- Promote teamwork and cooperation between areas of responsibility and other departments.
- Effectively orient and provide on the job training (OJT) in order to ensure the best quality staff member with the lowest possibility of turnover, while growing employee careers.
- Ensure employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs to comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Conduct on time employee appraisals per company policy and ensure all departmental appraisals are completed on time.
- Respond to and resolve employee relations’ issues. Address disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy in coordination with site Executive management and HR partners.
- Attend production meetings and other meetings as required and/or requested by management. Ensure that appropriate information is gathered and distributed at meetings.
- Conduct routine staff meetings.
- Represent or provide a representative who participates in company’s Safety Committee.
- Whether verbally or written, communicate with staff and peers in an effective, efficient and professional manner. Makes certain that message is expressed clearly and that messages received are understood regarding what has been communicated.
Operational management functions:
- Ensure a clean, organized and safe working environment throughout the departments at all times.
- Review and interpret engineering drawings, as released, and determine best and most cost effective method of manufacturing.
- Analyze production specifications and plant capacity data to determine manufacturing processes, tools and human resource requirements.
- Revise schedules according to work order specifications, established priorities and availability, or capability of workers, parts, material, machines and equipment.
- Continuous monitoring of all areas of responsibility to ensure awareness of all workflow issues both positively and negatively.
- Track and compile reports concerning progress of work / re-work and downtime due to failures of machines, equipment, personnel, materials, and supplies to inform management and affected departments of production delays.
- Recommend tooling fixtures required to increase productivity. Oversee implementation of said tooling and fixtures.
- Design special tooling and fixtures as required for effective production.
- When necessary, assist production control in developing work orders, work order sequencing and routing support.
- Ensure tooling is ordered and received in a timely manner as not to delay parts required.
- Assure that drawings and BOM’s are properly marked up to reflect changes and are processed and stored in accordance with our ECO standards.
- Manage multiple projects as assigned.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and modify Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) pertinent to the effective and efficient operations of all areas of responsibility.
- Perform administrative activities associated with the effective management of the responsible area, including compiling, storing, and retrieving data for reports.
- Ensure proper documentation is continuously completed/updated (routing, red lines, SOPs, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with company and OSHA safety rules and standards.
- Address safety issues for the department as they occur.
- Create and implement strategic initiatives to ensure a world-class machine shop.
- Determine responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
Financial planning functions:
- Operate and maintain an organized, cost effective department. Utilize resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Continuously reviews manpower and overtime requirements. Coordinates overtime to ensure a cost effective and productive use of workforce.
Other duties as assigned by members of Executive management.
This position reports to the President of Reliant Systems, Inc. or as assigned by the President.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Bi-weekly pay
Job Type: Full-time