Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The DESIGN SERVICE CENTER CONSULTANT
provides interior design of tile and stone to current and prospective customers to facilitate customer experience and influence sales/purchasing decision. Maintains ALL aspects of the showroom and selling tools to guarantee a positive customer experience. Serves as a key liaison within the design and architectural community working alongside Sales Reps, Arch Reps and Managers in order to drive specifications and sales. Major Functions
Education and Knowledge:
- Creates designs and utilizes Auto-CAD Project Management and creates drawings to present interior room/building designs and proposals for customers, designers, and clients.
- Serves as a professional designer resource for other team members.
- Researches and monitors industry design trends to sharpen skills and keep current.
- Provides interior design consultation, tile and stone selection advice, and project development/support ensuring the completion of selection/sales for customers including Architects, Designer, Builders, Remodelers, as well as walk-in customers.
- Effectively communicates back to our "direct" customers, when appropriate, the selections, to ensure tracking/follow up and closing of all aspects of the sales transactions. Maintains detailed customer records including selections and sales sheets.
- Takes full ownership of the showroom. Works with Marketing for proper merchandising of showroom, including new product launches and drops.
- Logs all client visits, and detailed customer preference and selection notes.
- Hosts showroom tours for architects, designers, builders, and customers.
- Makes outside sales calls as needed to develop clients and grow business. - Plans and hosts events to drive customer sales. Minimum of 1 per quarter. - Immerses in the Design/Architectural community by attending minimum 8 industry and trade events per year. Closes sales for own specified projects or passes project to the appropriate team member.
- Follows up on sales leads with direct customer and influences customers experience to impact buying decision.
- Presents 3rd party products to customers incorporating in complete room selection. Maintains contact with suppliers to keep current on design and product options. Facilitate with customer.
- Manage order and inventory of samples.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Two to Four year College Degree in Interior Design preferred or equivalent experience
- Two or more years of experience in the following: interior design, customer service, sales, ceramic tile and/or stone.
- Most Saturday's Required
- Trained in color and design application.
- Basic drawing skills. Basic math skills.
- Must have the ability to think creatively. Ability to read blue prints and plans.
- Good time management skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of art and design history.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k,Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
Posting ID: 598614411Posted: 2021-01-19