Versar is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to work in our Germantown, MD location. The ideal candidate will perform, supervise, and oversee all elements of the quality program and quality control activities. Assignments require (a) a good working knowledge of the governing quality management, assurance and control programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines; (b) an understanding of the needs of the organization serviced; and (c) analytical ability to define or recognize the dimension of the problems involved, to collect the necessary data, to establish the facts.
- Coordinates, plans, and directs the quality control program to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards, establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Formulates, maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with procedures in cooperation with the program / project managers to maximize system reliability and performance.
- Directs quality control specialists and other representatives engaged in testing and inspection activities as necessary to ensure continuous control over materials, systems, and software.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality and system reliability.
- Investigates and adjust complaints regarding quality.
- Provides oversight of preliminary and site acceptance testing as necessary to ensure compliance with the program’s quality assurance program.
- Serves as the contractor’s primary interface with quality reliability officers.
- Develops and maintains programs’ quality assurance metrics, procedures, and reports when necessary.
- Responsible for management, coordination, tracking and reporting the progress of all assigned projects.
- Conducts internal audit of work outputs and makes recommendations to improve customer satisfaction.
- Reviews engineering documentation, field installations (including troubleshooting), and site survey reports.
- Responsible for ensuring materials and equipment are available in a timely manner.
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business or other related field of study.
- Experience in the electronic/physical security market
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Specialized training in Quality Programs, Six Sigma processes, auditing and compliance highly desirable
- Proficiency using Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and Access is required.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
A minimum five (5) years’ experience in the following:
- Managing quality programs, overseeing the quality control process, implementing and complying with ISO standards, process mapping, performing compliance audits, developing and revising quality systems documentation, developing and supervising the application of quality management systems.
- Low -voltage, security systems, life safety, computer networks, or construction industry performing quality control/assurance.
- Supervising technicians, specialists, and support personnel in quality control, process improvement, and/or management/business process improvement programs required.
- Experience in ISO standards, process mapping, compliance audits, quality systems documentation, or quality management systems.
Posting ID: 593584673Posted: 2021-01-26