Position: Director of Coaching
Department: Sales & Business Development
Location: Rockville, MD
Do you love starting a project from scratch, researching it, planning it, pulling together your team, delegating, solving problems and eventually launching the project to major success?
This is a position where you’ll be leading the development of multiple high-quality coaching and mastermind programs for our students looking to become successful Entrepreneurs. You’ll be responsible to create and manage entire lines of businesses from scratch, to launching, to growing.
You will work directly with the Executive team, top management and also our top authors and experts.
You get to own our revenue goals and you also own the process of launching our most expensive product lines (coaching and masterminds). This is a fast-paced dynamic job with tremendous room for short term and long term growth.
Currently, our coaching division is generating $400,000 a month in revenue. However, this is just the beginning and we easily anticipate this division growing to $2M a month in the coming 18 months...
This is a key position to make a substantial impact on revenue. If you’re organized, ambitious, creative and a self-starter, keep reading...
We’ll start by introducing ourselves. We’re Lurn – The Transformational Home for Entrepreneurs. Our company is pioneering how Entrepreneurs learn and connect with each other (all over the World). Being an Entrepreneur can be a very lonely business – well, not for long.
We’ve built a Publishing platform that has 100+ courses on it and will soon allow for Entrepreneurs to connect, communicate and network with each other.
In 2020, our business has grown 150%. We’ve more than doubled our team size. Right now, we’re focused on getting the right leadership in place for the next burst of growth in 2021, which is estimated to be another 100% as we have already passed our tipping point.
The Lurn.com platform already has 500,000 members and is rapidly growing to 10 million. Our Email list is over 1.2 Million subscribers and our advertising budget is about to cross $1 Million a month. All in all, very fast growth!
The only reason Lurn is growing the way we are is because of our amazing team. You won’t find a talented, hard-working and family-oriented team culture like ours anywhere in this industry. And now, we’re looking for that “special someone” to build and lead the Publishing team.
That’s where you come in, maybe – let’s see.
Here’s What We ARE Looking For…
The following is pretty direct and non-negotiable. Our Director of Coaching requires these:
- Division Ownership of Business - Revenue Goals, KPIs & Growth
You will work with marketing to fuel success - tracking leads, revenue per lead and making sure each program is growing and hitting it’s goals. It will be your job to interface with all the necessary teams and team members to remove any obstacles in our coaching programs. This position is solely responsible for all coaching program revenue KPIs.
- Designing & Building Coaching/Mastermind Programs
You will be responsible for designing, launching and maintaining multiple coaching and mastermind programs based off of research, expert interviews, student feedback and more. This includes pricing, technology needed, content syllabus, deliverables, resources, coach selection and launching. A big part of this position is to manage cross communication between sales, marketing, content, ops and other departments to bring a coaching program to life.
- Maintaining Coaching/Mastermind Programs
Until a lead Director of Education is placed in the coming months - you will be expected to watch over and assure coaching program quality. This position will oversee fulfillment, coaches, content schedule and all promises of the coaching and mastermind programs being met.
- Managing Experts & Collaborations for Coaching
When launching the program and creating the CORE curriculum or in the recurring content provided - you will be responsible for managing all outside experts we bring in. You will also manage and oversee the coaches that are delivering the on-going training to maintain quality and also the positive experience for our coaches.
- Conducting Focus Groups - Student Outreach
A regular part of this position is to be speaking to individuals and groups of students weekly (touching each coaching program at a minimum once every month). Gather student feedback and assure that we are growing the student satisfaction on a monthly basis. You will also track all satisfaction data such as NPS scores. It is your responsibility to filter the feedback, prioritize it and implement changes in our coaching programs as needed.
- Quality Control
Considering our coaching and mastermind programs start at $5,000 - it is imperative that we maintain the quality and satisfaction. This position must always monitor our content quality, student satisfaction and accountability of all teams involved. You will be required to implement and manage gift campaigns for students, direct mail and other “appreciation” campaigns we do to make students feel like true VIPs.
Listen, we’re growing incredibly fast. Our business team right now is very small compared to the immense potential we have. Whoever fills this Director of Coaching position is going to be CENTRAL in our ability to grow and achieve 100% revenue growth in 2021.
Of course with all this growth comes amazing growth opportunities for you as well. So, in the end, that kind of intensity and potential needs to excite you, we understand that this kind of pace isn’t ideal for everyone and that’s okay.
Alright, So, How Do You Become a Super Star In This Position?
You do the following and we’ll hoist you on our shoulders and parade you around…
- Research, plan, and launch 2 more coaching programs in addition to our existing one.
- In 2021, grow our coaching revenue to north of $1 Million a year (although we really feel you can achieve $1.5 Million ;)
- Streamline and systemize our existing coaching program (DBA).
- Build data systems to track lead generation, sales numbers and revenue growth.
- Build data systems to track student satisfaction in our coaching programs.
- Conduct weekly student interviews to make a deep impact in growing our student satisfaction.
- Systemize communication between all departments to seamlessly run our coaching and mastermind programs.
You do the above and you’re going to have HERO status at Lurn.
In Summary – This Is Who You Need To Be:
- Have worked at a start-up previously and managed cross-team communication.
- Strong experience taking a brand new project and owning it from scratch and launching it (any experience in creating coaching programs is a big plus).
- Strong self-starter problem solver. You need to be deductive and comfortable in finding your own answers and implementing.
- Incredibly organized, detail-oriented and ambitious.
- Thought-leader with a strong sense of ownership for your projects…
- Driven by improving quality - You need to be borderline obsessed with making something you create better, month over month.
- Data-driven and analytical with a creative streak and a strong attention to detail (aka data-driven marketing mindset).
- Compassionate and Good Listener - You’ll be the face of the company when talking to our best students who have invested the most with our company.
- Organized & Systems driven – you need to rally people to work together and get a system in place.
- Goal-oriented with no fear of lead commits because you WANT to win.
- Superb communicator – You must keep your team and all other teams working together and get the timelines at least 3 months ahead…
- Hungry for NEW initiatives – There are many things we need to do for which we have no models to follow, you need to be the one to research, discover, implement and then build the team around it…
Now let’s talk about what’s in it for you and what Lurn will do for you…
First of all, we have an amazing award-winning culture. We work like a family and we empower everyone to manage their jobs, tasks and teams in their own way. No micro-management here. We encourage you to take chances and grow fast.
We are a Washington Business Journal Best Places to Work company and have won the following Comparably Workplace Awards:
- Best Company Culture
- Best Company Leadership
- Best Company for Women
- Best Company for Diversity
We strive to ensure that our employees have the best experience possible (while still remembering that you are at your job). Here are the benefits we offer:
- Health/Dental/Vision/LTD all paid for by the company except a small portion of your health insurance, and $250,000 of life insurance for each team member that can be converted to whole life at your discretion
- 401k - We contribute 3% of your TOTAL compensation, that is mandatory per our plan, not a company match !
- 20 days of PTO that starts accruing the day you start!
- 10 Holidays including two floating holidays you can use as you see fit
- Virtual and in person sponsored work events
- Company-provided laptop and monitor for use throughout your employment
- Silicon Valley style Lurn Center with a gym, nap room, and arcade
- Fully stocked break room (Coffee, sodas, and snacks galore!)
- Company swag for you to show off your new company ;)
- A team that truly cares about you and your success!
Anyway, if all this sounds like your cup of tea then APPLY! We look forward to hearing from you.
COVID-19 ALERT: We plan to remain entirely remote until it is 100% safe to return to our office in Rockville, Maryland. For as long as masks are required and stringent safety measures must be in place simply to be in the same place for long periods, we will operate remotely. We've successfully done this since March 16th, 2020 and are prepared to continue for as long as it takes. Nothing is more important than the safety of our employees and the safety of our community.
Powered by JazzHR