Customer Engagement Representative (CER)
VIcom - Virginia Integrated Communication – Virginia Beach, VA
Reports to: Creative Director
The Customer Engagement Representative’s primary responsibilities will be divided into two categories; sales and marketing. This will require the rep to work in connection with both the Creative Director and the VP of Sales. The main objectives within this role will be:
1. Initiate communication with any current VIcom client who is not in active communication with a sales rep.
2. Generate, communicate, qualify and distribute online sales leads to the sales team, ensuring that inside sales leads are being documented and tracked in ConnectWise (our CRM).
3. Assist in the deployment of content via email and social media, and participate in regular social media activity via all VIcom social media profiles.
4. Participate in various marketing activities such as online/in person events.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a creative instinct and passion for marketing paired with a motivation for inside sales and the desire to communicate with clients. The candidate will have a general understanding of social media and email marketing and have the skillet to quickly learn ConnectWise.
Employee Owned. Customer Focused. VIcom is an industry leader dedicated to providing customers with complete integrated solutions and services through every outlet from - initial planning, consultation, design, integration, and implementation. VIcom is 100% employee owned. Employees are empowered to act and think like owners because, they are owners! All employee owners have a vested stake in the company which means their commitment to our communities, customers, and each other is unparalleled.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish & Maintain Communication with non-active clients systematically reaching out via cold-call and email to establish communication with existing and potential clients.
- Uncover and Nurture Sales Opportunities. Discover opportunities with clients throughout the communication by creating open ended dialogue and continued communication with clients via email, phone calls & marketing campaigns.
- Transition leads to sales team. As opportunities are uncovered and matured, perform a soft transition to the client’s account rep by providing thorough communication to the account executive and providing a pleasant experience for the customer through the transition process.
- Update & Document Client Records. Ensure that communication via all channels is updated timely and accurately into ConnectWise.
- Participate in email marketing. Utilize email marketing platform (Constant Contact) to create and distribute various email campaigns to appropriate lists and contacts.
- Maintain active online presence. Participate in dialogue, content distribution and more on Social Media (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter).
- Assist in planning and marketing of online events. Work with creative director & sales team to create online events, create and distribute marketing for events and work together with the team throughout the event.
- Works well with others. Work harmoniously with creative director, sales leaders, sales team and other Vicom employees.
- Travel to VIcom offices and customer sites throughout Virginia as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. Listed below are requirements representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Strong Communication skills
- Basic Marketing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Have / maintain valid driver’s license and approved / clean driving record
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel throughout Virginia
- Strong Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Excellent writing, presentation and negotiation skills
- Design Skills are preferred
- Thorough understanding of email marketing and social media
- Maintain a well-groomed, professional appearance appropriate for the position
- Must be detail oriented, have multitasking abilities, handle tight, time-sensitive deadlines
- Understand processes in CRM/ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Enjoy working with customers and external audiences
- High energy and drive with good negotiation skills
- Proficient with general office applications
Desired Key Qualities:
- Prior sales or customer service experience is highly preferred, but not required
- Experience and/or knowledge of marketing preferred
- Must be creative and able to offer suggestions in how to achieve desired results
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, and career oriented, with a desire to contribute to the growth of the company
- Maintain an awareness of business-related trends in the industry
- A 4-year college degree preferred, but not required
Excellent benefits package including health insurance, 401K savings and Employee Stock Option Program.
VIcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
VIcom is an industry leader dedicated to providing customers with complete integrated solutions and services through every outlet from - initial planning, consultation, design, integration, and implementation. Our innovative solutions allow organizations to integrate voice, video, data and security communications to operate more efficiently and effectively with no compromise in quality or reliability.