The Assistant Manager + Maintenance Role provides support for sales and leasing by handling the routine office work and administrative responsibilities of the community in addition to leasing, sales, and marketing for the community. They are responsible for assisting with planning and coordinating community events and activities. In the Maintenance capacity, this role performs routine and preventative maintenance to maintain and improve the physical integrity of the property. Provide excellent customer service to current and prospective residents by making home and building maintenance repairs as well as providing the general upkeep of the community including its grounds, streets, facilities, and equipment.
Assistant Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish rapport with residents and prospective residents, field community comments, suggestions, and complaints, and forward to the appropriate manager.
- Prepare and distribute resident and community communications including, but not limited to rule reminders, violation notices, increase letters, delinquency notices, eviction paperwork, lease addendums and renewals.
- Prepare bills and statements for approval.
- Perform administrative and clerical functions including answering phones, typing, copying, faxing, and filing.
- Complete and maintain community records, reports, and files.
- Collect and post resident security deposits, processing fees, rent payments, inspection fees, etc.; record transactions in the ledger and issue receipts.
- Call for payment on delinquent accounts.
- Process move-ins and move-outs.
- Forward all customer service requests to the Community Manager.
- Maintain a record of all traffic logs and/or guest cards, and telephone calls.
- Assist with the preparation of marketing materials and implementation of resident relation activities such as Craigslist, MH Village, local newspapers, and any other marketing sources.
- Provide prospective residents with an option to see suitable homes to their needs that are in inventory; show the home(s), and then guide them through the application process.
- Photograph homes that are returned to inventory, resident purchases, and bank repossessed homes to document the home condition upon receipt of property.
- Ensure inventory homes are move-in ready at the time of closing.
- Call and “ask for the close” on prospects who did not commit; potentially identify an alternate solution to their needs, including recommending another Cambio community.
- Assist in lease transactions by generating lease paperwork and guiding a prospect through the lease process.
- Conduct lease signing and new resident orientation for new residents.
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Provide coverage in the event of a vacancy or absence of a Community Manager.
- Position may require flexible hours, nights, and weekends as needed.
- Position will require property maintenance duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Maintenance Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide seasonal lawn care including cutting grass, weed whipping, planting flowers, raking of leaves, trimming shrubs, treating for weeds and other services as needed.
- Cleans (buffing, dusting, sweeping, mopping, washing windows, tidying, etc.) community common areas and work spaces including clubhouse, community office, restrooms, laundry room and maintenance garage.
- Remove trash and debris from streets, common areas and vacant sites daily.
- Empty trash cans in common areas and disposes of trash as needed.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim.
- Operates backhoe to dig trenches for water and sewer pipe.
- Repairs parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete.
- Provide seasonal snow removal services including removing snow from community streets, parking lots, building entrances and other areas as needed.
- Completes minor repairs to homes and buildings.
- Maintains and repairs buildings' plumbing and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses.
- Repairs or replaces building brick, stone, and concrete.
- Provide general upkeep of vacant sites including strap-downs.
- Inspect common area amenities including pool/spa, laundry, playground and other recreational equipment to ensure proper operation and make repairs as needed.
- If applicable, maintains community pool(s), tests chemical levels, and adjusts appropriately, where applicable.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment such as truck, street sweeper, and riding mower.
- Complete checklist of duties and repairs to community and vacant sites.
- Assist community manager with supervising onsite contracted work.
- Perform duties relating to well-water system, sewer system or water meters including water testing and reading, repairing and installing water meters.
- Follow safety regulations and procedures including safely operating vehicles and machinery.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two+ years administrative experience.
- Excellent communication skills including writing and verbal.
- Strong variety of administrative skills including customer service; problem solving; sales or persuasion skills.
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office suite of products and software applications including Yardi, Rent Manager, Back Office, and Manage America.
- Property management office experience required.
- Broad experience and knowledge of general maintenance techniques and repair work.
- Proficient in operating equipment including hand tools, power tools and commercial machinery.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift.
- Able to maintain balance, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and wipe.
- Ability to work outdoors year-round.
- Availability to work on-call as needed during non-business hours.
- Must maintain a valid driver license and clean driving record.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, bend, and reach.
- Frequent exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quite to moderate (office) to moderate to very loud (maintenance).
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 100 pounds / frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds / continually lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: Lawncare equipment, snow-plow, other equipment as needed.
Competitive wage, bonus, and excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, FSA and 401(K)
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Cambio, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it! We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and seek to support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of our staff.
Cambio is an equal opportunity employer where hiring is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Cambio does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, medical condition, or any other non-merit factor protected by law.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
#LiveCambio #PropertyManagement #MH #JobOpenings #NowHiring #EmploymentOpportunities #CambioCommunities