In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally. Whether you're ensuring the resiliency of satellite systems or finding innovative orbits for specialized missions, your work at Aerospace will make a difference. From delivering world-class mission assurance to pioneering technological breakthroughs, you'll help build a safer, stronger future. Working at Aerospace means ensuring the safety and success of every government, civil and commercial space mission. You'll work side-by-side with some of the brightest minds in the field who will support you on whatever path your career takes. As an independent nonprofit, we deliver objective analysis, searching for technical truth and tackling the most complex challenges to ensure the safety and security of the U.S. space enterprise. As an Associate Director of the Mission Analysis and Operations Department (MAOD), you'll be a key leader of teams that provide world-class space situational awareness analyses and cradle-to-grave operations support to a diverse customer base across the national space enterprise. MAOD's experts perform general orbital analysis, trajectory modeling, space object catalog process analysis, orbit determination, formation flying, proximity operations analysis, space protection and threat assessment. Our real-time operations support includes launch and on-orbit collision risk assessments, on-orbit breakup event analysis, orbit transfer and maneuver planning, and de-orbit/reentry analysis. Members of the department also provide general modeling, analysis, and visualization of space systems as needed to accomplish program objectives. At Aerospace, we believe that we can only fulfill our goals-and those of our customers-by securing a diverse and inclusive workforce, and an environment that will nurture the best ideas and generate the most novel innovations. Key Functions: * Work with department managers and Aerospace leadership to develop a high performing organization in a diverse and inclusive environment
* Assist the director in formulating and executing department strategy and other business functions (resource allocation, budget forecasting, etc.) * Provide technical expertise and project leadership in technical analyses and/or software capabilities development relating to a subset of the department's core functional areas described above.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, government customers, and contractor teammates
* Connect customers nationwide with appropriate department capabilities and staff talent
* Participate in full-time staff and student intern recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding processes
* Obtain and manage staff work assignments
* Develop staff through formal and informal performance management, evaluation, mentoring/coaching, and tasking
* Review department work products for quality, accuracy, and security
Required Qualifications * Bachelor's degree in engineering, math, science or related technical discipline
* A minimum of twelve years of engineering experience and/or advanced education
* Significant aptitude in orbit mechanics/astrodynamics, and in modeling, simulation, and analysis
* Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated technical team leadership
* Ability to identify, organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks and learn new technical approaches
* Proven ability to effectively work with a wide range of colleagues, contractors, and government customers
* Knowledge and understanding of corporate policies and practices and organizational structure
* This position requires a current and active TS/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
Preferred Qualifications * Advanced degree in engineering, math, science or related technical discipline
* Technical experience in a subset of department functional areas as described above.
* Direct experience in an Aerospace or customer program office
* Broad professional network within and across Aerospace groups
Ways We Reward Our Employees During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
* A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
* Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
* Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
* Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
* Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
* 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
* Paid holidays and paid time off
* Flexible spending accounts
* Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation. Equal Opportunity Commitment The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.