A Project Manager is a key figure of any Service Team. They will be primarily responsible for the overall successfulness of delivering a project, reaching set targets both safely and correctly.
The successful candidate must be able to perform effectively within tight time-scales, keep within strict budgets and create a positive client environment such that clients become/remain in a good relationship throughout the contract. They will manage a set of service deliveries, which must be achieved on time to ensure all activities in the schedule are completed timely. To overcome certain task, the Project Managers must reflect the initiative and be able to find solutions to best adapt a situation to provide a successful overall critical path analysis.
A PM will be expected to support the development of the leadership, both on-site and back in the offices. They will need to organize the best team possible to complete the project, while training and teaching the employees towards the company’s core values. Encouragement of excellence and quality in work will lead to a great reputation amongst clients.
• Plan the delivery of the project at hand.
• Manage the day-to-day working, utilization, implementation and technical consultants engaged on client assignments. From ensuring the correct material turns up before a job, to explaining the work ethics and activities to colleagues.
• Report progress on projects by suitable media to sector management, maintain and update project reporting, checkpoints and financial reporting to a high standard.
• Plan and arrange visits to existing and new potential clients, ensuring every client receives sufficient support to enhance their relationships.
• Develop contacts with senior staff, directors, and other influential staff within each account during the implementation phase.
• Coordinate required support levels and training.
• Produce reports on each project at agreed intervals, and whenever substantive actions are required.