WIC Competent Para-Professional Authority (CPPA)
CCI Health & Wellness Services empowers patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. We deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life providing services to the medically under-served at 14 sites in Montgomery and northern Prince George's counties. Our services include primary care, behavioral health, dental, adolescent health, HIV and infectious disease testing and treatment, prenatal, and family planning. CCI Health & Wellness Services is also the largest provider of WIC services in the state of Maryland.
We are looking for a WIC Competent Para-Professional Authority (CPPA) at our Germantown site to assist in providing nutrition counseling, nutrition classes, prescribing standard food packages, and obtaining anthropometric measurements under the supervision of a Competent Professional Authority (CPA) . S/He will assist with the delivery of WIC services to ensure that high quality, cost–efficient, and culturally sensitive services are provided that comply with all Federal, State and Local agency policies and procedures.
* Determine and prioritizes the nutritional risks of clients based on assessment of nutritional and/or health risks.
* Prescribe a food package to address the client's medical and nutritional needs, taking environmental and cultural factors into consideration.
* Coordinate nutritional care with other members of the health care team to assure comprehensive medical and social services for clients.
* Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of nutrition education programs to meet the needs of the WIC community.
* Maintain daily caseload goals as assigned.
* Ensure confidentiality of WIC data and protects WIC systems against unauthorized access.
* Stays current with research findings in maternal and child health and nutrition.
* Associate degree from an accredited college or university with at least one nutrition course.
* Three years of WIC experience may be substituted for education requirement.
* Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both in person or over the phone.
* Spanish fluency preferred.
* Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).