Position Title: Barista/Shift SupervisorJob Summary:
The barista is the spearhead, the first line of leadership in the coffee house. Baristas/Shift Supervisors will assist the general manager in maintaining a positive, efficient, and high-quality work environment, while ensuring the overall successful operation of their shift. Shift supervisors will ensure the success of their team during the absence of and in conjunction with coffee house leadership. The barista will assume guardianship of the guest experience, ensuring that each and every guest receives quick, courteous, and high-quality service at all times. Shift supervisors will assist in training and leading team members and collaborate with their General Manager to ensure that their coffee house meets Viridian Coffee standards in sales, staffing, quality, and daily operations. Shift supervisors must demonstrate significant knowledge of products, recipes, and procedures.They will enforce all coffee house policies and standards in the absence of the general manager, and demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Viridian Coffee.
- Maintains updated knowledge of all opening and closing duties.
- Demonstrates knowledge of team role expectations and verifies these expectations are being met by all team members.
- Delegates duties, as necessary, to other team members.
- Assist General Manager in ensuring that the coffee house, backroom, and equipment are maintained appropriately.
- Assists the general manager in maintaining proper loss prevention standards.
- Responds to any and all emergencies while on shift by directing or performing steps necessary to ensure medical treatment and/or escape routes are available.
- Maintains consistent communication with the general manager pertaining to any issues, conflicts, events, etc.
- Reports accidents and potential safety hazards to the general manager and makes recommendations on a proper course of action.
- Exemplifies outstanding customer service and provides exceptional guest experience.
- Proactive in resolving conflict and managing guest concerns.
- Encourages all team members to exhibit a strong desire to uphold Viridian Coffee standards and policies.
- Ensures that all team members provide each guest with efficient, friendly, and high-quality service.
- Consistently coaches, leads, and encourages team members to meet Viridian Coffee's service standards.
- Ensures that team members and all areas of the coffee house maintain a professional and clean appearance at all times.
- Routinely collaborates with the General Manager to ensure that each team member is knowledgeable in the preparation, description, and service of all products, including craft beer and wine.
- Exhibits strong knowledge of all products and services offered in the coffee house including, but not limited to, craft beer and wine, a variety of teas, handmade bakery items, and an array of fresh, handcrafted coffee.
- Exhibits knowledge pertaining to the superior quality of products offered by Viridian Coffee.
- Strives to maintain the highest quality product standards.
- Consistently follows and guards all Viridian Coffee recipes.
Training & Development:
- Contributes information to the General Manager on performance appraisals for team members they directly supervise.
- Assists in the counseling, correction, and development efforts of all team members in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Assists in the training of new team members when necessary.
- Consistently motivates team members to maintain high-quality performance and speed while still encouraging a positive and supportive work environment.
- Assists General Manager in ensuring that all standards, policies, and procedures are upheld in the coffee house at all times.
- Addresses any inconsistencies or concerns regarding Viridian Coffee standards with the leadership team and contributes ideas and suggestions on resolving issues.
- Certain locations will require a valid food handlers permit.
- Must be able to effectively communicate through confrontation and conflict situations.
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings, and special events as needed.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to multitask.
- Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
- This position requires frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist.
- Frequently required to use hand and finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects.
- Regularly required to handle food, hot beverages, and work with sharp objects.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills required.
Posting ID: 563892905Posted: 2021-01-16