The Home & Garden business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St. Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices throughout the US and globe. We are a leading supplier of consumer products nationally for the home, lawn and garden, insect and weed control markets. We deliver groundbreaking products of exceptional value and top-notch quality to consumers with our well-recognized brands including Spectracide, Hot Shot, Cutter, Repel, Black Flag, Garden Safe, EcoLogic and Liquid Fence.
Come join our team!! As a Seasonal Merchandiser with Spectrum Brands, you will play an essential role in the success of our business during our peak spring season! As you bring your energy and expertise, you will service the Home & Garden departments in our big box retailers, such as Home Depot and Lowes.
As part of the day-to-day responsibilities the Merchandiser will be responsible for servicing a given territory, completing re-sets and promoting the sale of our company's consumer packaged goods products through listening to the consumers and asking the right questions. In order to do this the Merchandiser with establish a positive rapport with store personnel and customers, built loyalty and relay information to Spectrum Brands Sales team regarding inventory wins or opportunities. You must be able to work with minimal to no supervision and have reliable transportation.
Seasonal assignments will have an end date of September 30th
, subject to change based on business needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
We are willing to train the right candidate!
- Maintaining store presentation standards through building displays, fixture installation, store sets, shelf maintenance, down stock, retrofits, inventory reconciliation, display maintenance and POP installation.
- Identify opportunities for incremental display space to drive volume goals.
- Provide product knowledge training to store personnel with the intention of allowing them to better drive sales to the end user.
- Cover multiple stores daily in an assigned territory
- Generating sales by increasing brand awareness and trial through direct interactions with consumers in assigned stores.
- Participate in promotional events in assigned territory
- Assist and monitor customer satisfaction.
- Must understand and demonstrate safe work practices at all times to ensure a safe work environment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Profile
- An equivalent combination of:
- High school diploma or GED preferred but NOT REQUIRED and;
- 1 to 2 years previous sales or retail experience ideal.
- Ability to work flexible hours is required, weekend and evening hours may be required depending on location
- Professional communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences- consumers, store personnel, and internal information sharing
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Competitive drive to succeed
- Ability to climb ladders and lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to travel extensively using personal transportation within territory with the potential for overnight travel as needed
- High level of initiative
- Ability to work effectively with a high level of independence
- Problem solving ability
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Ability to climb ladders and the employee must frequently (or occasionally) lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level and working conditions may be similar to those for a warehouse facility.
- Exposure to weather conditions while traveling between assigned stores.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Posting ID: 595973500Posted: 2020-12-31