RSS Network Engineer III
Start Date: Immediate opening
Position: Network Engineer III
Ready Support Services (RSS) is seeking a Information Technology (IT) Network Engineer position (Network Engineerr III) (onsite) at our Customer Program Chantilly, VA. The selected candidate will be assigned to a National Systems ISP/ASP program primarily within our government services product line to fill the role of Network Engineer III to help create, deploy and support an element of the customer’s Future Ground Architecture and Infrastructure Service Provider platform. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring continuity of operations across 6 datacenter sites and one test site using High Availability technologies. Candidate will support the networking needs of multiple AD domains, their respective infrastructure services and tenant systems. Candidate will assist with large scale migrations from highly varied legacy environments to new, standardized environments. The position will be supporting the Operations and Maintenance, Post Deployment and Integration aspects of new technology that is continuing to be deployed to the customer sites. The selected candidate will have roles in the following areas and may include responsibilities not limited to: (1) Work with multi-discipline teams in the support and sustainment of the IT systems, (2) Assist with the creation of technical work products, (3) Proactively monitor and evaluate the status of the system and make recommendations for improvement where needed and (4) Create and brief plans to customer change board meetings as needed.
The positions will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
The following skills are required:
(1) 5-8 years experience with switching and routing systems,
(2) Must hold and maintain a current/active TS/SCI Clearance with CI-Poly,
(3) Familiarity with ISP/ASP network environments,
(4) Demonstrated judgement in managing competing priorities to meet program objectives,
(5) Configures network devices for new deployments per direction of senior staff, configures
replacement network devices from backup configuration files,
(6) Basic familiarity with VMware, Windows and Linux systems,
(7) Willingness to ask questions when unsure how to perform needed duties and execute with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in a production environment,
(8) Experience with Brocade/Extreme and or Cisco networking environments,
(9) Familairity with load balancing technologies,
(10) Current and active Security certified CE + or IAT certified,
(11) Familiarity with large scale networking configurations to include troubleshooting, deploying, and maintaining.
· Must be willing to work overtime to m
Required Education (including Major):
B.S./B.A. in Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Computer Information Systems, and 4 years relevant work experience. 8 years relevant experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
Clearance Type: Current/Active TS/SCI Clearance with CI-Poly
Ready Support Services LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.