L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Description: Job Title: Field Service RepresentativePosition: req #AS20202910-52398Location: Ashburn, VAJob Description:
As a Field Service Representative
, you will be responsible for providing technical and professional company representation through temporary assignments located at various customer locations worldwide, as dictated by business and program needs. The FSR is responsible for installations, checkout, operation, on-the-job cross training and maintenance of communications systems in accordance with contractual obligations. Physical location and scope of each temporary assignment will vary, including CONUS and/or OCONUS assignments on flight test programs, demonstrations, and worldwide mission support, including deployments to austere environments.
This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.Essential Functions:
- Install, perform checks, operate, repair and maintain assigned equipment at customer locations
- Conduct mechanical and electronic preventive maintenance to prevent problems and correct anomalies
- Developing and conducting test plans to isolate anomalies to keep the equipment downtime to a minimum
- Interpret and follow moderately complex sketches, schematics, drawings, charts, graphs, blueprints, block and wiring diagrams of assigned equipment
- Modify assigned equipment with authorized upgrades and perform temporary modifications to extend critical operation
- Maintain close and professional liaison with customer personnel to provide information, advice and services
- Work with Engineering to highlight system defects, and recommended hardware modifications for future improvements and new business opportunities
- Required to support temporary assignments of varying durations at CONUS and/or OCONUS locations depending on business needs
- Required to support deployments from temporary assignment location of varying lengths, which may include deployment to hostile and/or dangerous CONUS or OCONUS locations for which hazard pay will be provided based on each customer contract
- Required to satisfactorily complete (as determined by the customer) all customer-mandated medical screenings in accordance with contract and customer requirements
- Requires the ability and willingness to work independently over extended periods in isolated and hostile locations
- Other duties as required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- U.S. citizen
- Existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update; must be able to obtain additional clearances as required
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior U.S. military experience (4+ years) in computers or aircraft/UAV maintenance is a must
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to travel up to 180 days a year
- Must be physically able to move up to 50 lbs. and have color vision to identify cables and wires
- Prior experience in unmanned systems and a technical certification are pluses
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.