CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 47 countries employing over 33,000 people and net sales of over $11 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals. Division Overview:
Crown's Beverage Division manufactures a variety of packaging solutions for soft drinks, craft beers, coffees and teas as well as new energy drinks. Crown Beverage leads the packaging industry with innovative technologies that redefine how the world looks at beverage cans. With a large printable surface area and a wide range of sizes, shapes and decorating options, our aluminum cans are the perfect packaging format to create compelling brand presence where it counts. Here is your chance to join the Crown Beverage Division. Location:
Crown is building a brand new manufacturing facility in Bowling Green, KY. This state-of-the-art facility will manufacture specialty beverage cans for some of the top consumer product companies. We are in the process of assembling a world class team of individuals to operate this facility and are looking for Chemical Process Operators (CPO). Duties And Responsibilities:
This position will manage and oversee the control environments for the washers and can washing equipment, coolant filtration systems and waste water treatment systems for this facility. This will involve performing basic laboratory testing such as titrations, pH and conductivity measurements, as well as working with various types of pumps, mixers, chemical feeds, pH controllers and tank level reading equipment. This role will also require repair and replacement duties associated with the waste water equipment and systems. Documentation of problems and maintenance of equipment and facility systems are also required. These positions will also provide training for equipment operation and related safety precautions.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
Requirements for this position would include but not be limited to the following:
- A high school graduate or equivalent with 5+ years working experience in either a manufacturing setting (high speed operation preferred) or a community waste water/sewage treatment facility.
- Strong knowledge of basic chemistry nomenclature including formulas, chemical properties and related knowledge.
- Working hands-on knowledge for conducting basics laboratory testing such as titrations, pH testing and conductivity measurements.
- Proven mechanical skills and the ability to perform maintenance and repairs on pumps and related equipment.
- Effective and proven communication skills working in a team environment.
- The ability to travel domestically for training within the first one or two months with the Company.
- Must be able to work twelve (12) hour shifts, both day and evening.
- An Associates/technical degree is preferred or a related vocational/technical certification (waste water operator's license, etc.).
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and may be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
- Generally works in a plant environment but will be required to perform some job duties inside a typical office setting
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicular traffic
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures
- The noise level is frequently loud
Crown offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision/prescription/ life insurance and income protection benefits as well as a company funded pension plan, 401(k), stock purchase, tuition reimbursement and gainsharing programs. Also, as part of our Total Safety Culture, Crown is committed to the safety, health and well-being of all our employees and their families. Interested:
Take the next step in your career and apply online today at www.crowncork.com/careers.
*******INTERVIEWS FOR THESE POSITIONS WILL BEGIN ON OR AFTER JULY 15, 2020***** EEO/AA/Vets/Disabled
0 - 10%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.