Human Resources Manager
- Reports to: Director of Human Resources
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
Robbins Brothers is an engagement and wedding ring retail company with freestanding destination stores in Southern California, Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth Texas, Seattle and Bellevue, Washington and Scottsdale, Arizona. The company specializes in extensive product education, exceptional value, unique engagement and wedding planning services, and onsite jewelers who can customize any ring. Robbins Brothers services thousands of couples a year and provides a warm, friendly and fun shopping environment for all. Target customers are typically members of the Millennial and Generation Z demographics. The company generates more than $100 million in total revenue with approximately 275employees, and competes with both large national jewelry retailers, as well as local independents. Founded in the 1920s, Robbins Brothers was acquired by Comvest Partners in 2013.
Comvest Partners and Operating Advisory Group
Comvest Partners is a private investment firm providing equity and debt capital to middle-market companies across North America. Since its founding in 2000, Comvest has invested $5.1 billion. Today, Comvest’s funds have $4.1 billion of assets under management. Through its extensive capital resources and broad network of industry relationships, Comvest offers its companies financial sponsorship, critical strategic and operational support, and business development assistance. The Operating Advisory Group provides deep operating and consultation expertise to Comvest Partners' portfolio companies from due diligence through exit.
The Human Resources Manager for Robbins Brothers will be responsible for developing and carrying out policies relating to all phases of human resources activity. They will provide support for all employees to ensure compliance with applicable government regulations/laws, company policies, labor contracts, administration of employee benefits and safety plans. He/she will implement rigorous processes while constantly searching for value in areas aligned with the company’s strategic objective.
The key areas of responsibilities include:
- Recruits, interviews, selects and onboards employees to fill vacant positions. Experience onboarding in a remote environment would be a plus.
- Ensures hiring practices in compliance with laws, regulations, to ensure adequate staffing at all levels within the organization.
- Oversees and runs bi-weekly payroll processing using ADP.
- Conducts employee relations investigations.
- Designs and oversees programs to help retain employees and track the rate of turn over.
- Directs the performance management program.
- Administer and advise on all company benefit questions. Provides employees with up-to-date benefit information.
- Assesses employee-training needs and develops and delivers training programs for all employees. Provides specific Corporate sponsored training programs, as required.
- Counsels employees/supervisors to resolve company related problems, which affect their performance.
- Responsible for workers’ compensation case management, which includes coordinating treatment and return to work for injured employees.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law. Oversees EEOC/Affirmative Action compliance.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business with an emphasis in human resources is preferred.
- 5+ years human resources experience is required.
- The ideal candidate will have well-rounded HR experience, preferably in a small to mid-size organization.
- Experience processing payroll highly preferred.
- Personnel laws and affirmative action/EEOC requirements, including recruitment and selection.
- Training and development techniques and evaluation.
- Safety practices and workers’ compensation administration.
- Leadership capabilities (setting pace, decisiveness, change management, team development, ability to influence, organizational awareness).
- People development (assessment of others, feedback/coaching, delegation, motivating others, performance management, communicating expectations).
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation).
- Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening, written communication).
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness).
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen).
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness, results orientation resilience, quality orientation).
Posting ID: 593326126Posted: 2021-01-27