United States of America Location:
HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr, Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today. Simulation Test Specialist - Mission Systems
This engineering position is within the Simulation and Training Solutions (STS) business area. STS develops and builds simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers. Devices range from desktop training all the way up to high fidelity weapon system and full-flight training systems; including visual, motion and simulator interoperability (HLA/DIS).
This position is responsible for performing assignments requiring installation and testing of Collins Aerospace Simulation and Training Devices. The primary functions are to direct or perform; installation, operational checkout, and system test both in house and on site as required in accordance with Rockwell Collins and customer requirements. Typically required to act as on site lead for major field installation or modification programs. Services are performed using Collins approved methods and workmanship standards to ensure optimum equipment operation and customer satisfaction. The Simulation Test Specialist supports equipment and systems of high complexity and advanced technology. Job Requirements:
- Provide technical support to field engineers, technicians and product support who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, and/or complex software not related to information technology.
- Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment. Normally receives little instructions on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Conducts technical analysis/test of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations.
- Identifies technical problems and issues, recommends technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution.
- Involved in planning and preparing customer installation and testing. Prepares, provides approval and validation of product test procedures.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
- Serves as company liaison with customer on formal test phases for assigned projects
- Installs and tests software releases on fielded systems, including training local maintenance/operations personnel on new features included in the release
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- This position will require 60% travel.
- Experience with aircraft maintenance or operations and/or simulator operations/maintenance on E2 C/D, B52 or other military aircraft is highly desired.
We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility. Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms