We are seeking dynamic, Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) who is committed to providing clinical community-based services to our clients. This is accomplished in a variety of ways: developing individual recovery plans, providing direct skill teaching, providing independent living skills to include psycho-education and guiding clients to ensure the quality of care and successful recovery.
Who is PRS?
We have been recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to Work for in the U.S. We provide behavioral health, crisis intervention and suicide prevention services throughout Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. Our vision is to change and save lives in our community by empowering hope, safety, recovery, wellness, independence and community integration.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I have to be a certified Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP)? This role requires an individual to be a certified and registered QMHP*: completed Bachelor's degree in human services field with 1500 hours of direct work experience with individuals living with mental illness in the state of Virginia OR completed Master's degree in one of the following fields: Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Substance Abuse, Marriage and Family Therapy that has included a 500-hour clinical internship or working hours with individuals living with mental illness. *May consider individuals who are in the process of obtaining required hours.
- What is the potential for growth? As an employee in the Community Support Program, you will gain invaluable mental health and documentation skills. In addition, there is potential for professional growth as the organization grows. PRS values valuable employees, and most of our promotions are from within.
- Explain how licensure works (If I want to go for my LPC, LCSW): Supervision may be available to the right person after 6 months of successful employment and program needs.
- What is the rate of pay? We pay a competitive starting salary of mid $40Ks annually depending on related experience plus monthly mileage reimbursement.
- Are there benefits? We offer full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403B retirement plan with 100% match at time of hire, paid time off (sick, personal day, and vacation), 11 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and car detailing.
- What is the work environment? Who would I be working with? This position is community-based. It is a fast-paced environment requiring high levels of independence and problem-solving skills. Supervisors or coworkers are available by phone, but individuals must be confident working with minimal supervision on a daily basis. You will meet some clients out in the community using your own vehicle to transport clients, when applicable, to appointments and provide telehealth services.
- Do I make my own schedule? Yes, however this is a full-time, 40 hr/wk position. Typically, staff should be available between the hours of 9am-5pm Monday-Friday, but flexibility is needed to work with clients' schedules. Staff may need to come in earlier or work later in order to accommodate clients' needs.
- Do I have to take calls from clients in the evening / weekend? No, outside standard business hours, clients should use their resources including the emergency services number if they are in need of immediate assistance.
- Where is the caseload? We serve clients in Fairfax, Arlington, Prince William and Loudoun Counties. The clients on your caseload are typically in the same area within adjacent communities to minimize travel. Current need is in Centreville-Fairfax area
- What characteristics do I need to be successful in this job? Are you empathetic to our population of adults living with mental health illness? Do you have effective interpersonal and written communication skills? Do you have excellent time management skills? Do you like being "on the go" in the community and have no concerns about driving in the Northern VA metro area? Are you able to work with minimal supervision? If so, you might be perfect for the Community Support Specialist role!
"Changing Lives. Saving Lives."
PRS is an Equal Opportunity EmployerJob Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 595089196Posted: 2021-01-23