Spring Lake Park, MN, USMental Health Resources, Inc.
Fostering hope, health and recovery for those affected by mental illness and substance use disorder.
See what employees have to say about working at MHR!
Mental Health Resources, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and employees who reflect the population we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER PEER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
SUD Spring Lake Park Clinic
Under the direction of the Treatment Director, and with consultation from clinical staff via the on-site SUD treatment services provided by MHR, the Peer Specialist provides direct services to people with who choose to participate in services offered by the Peer Support Center (adults who seek recovery support for substance use). In addition to providing on-site peer services, the Peer Specialist may also provide outreach and support to people in the community. Peer services may also be provided within the 245G outpatient treatment setting.In this position you will:
Minimum Education and Experience
- Provide Recovery Coaching and Peer Support using service models that include: Recovery Coaching skills, Person-Centered Care, Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, and Stages of Change.
- Conduct groups that include supportive counseling, skills training, recovery coaching support, healthy lifestyle management, and psycho educational services that fall within the expertise of the Peer Specialist
- Provide 245G peer services that may also include service coordination to help obtain needed services to support their recovery and transition services to help integrate the gains made in treatment into daily living.
- Provide outreach to the community to raise awareness and combat stigma and participate in community activities that foster development of a Recovery Oriented System Care.
- Assist and coordinate as needed with other services that operate out of the Peer Support Center.
- Participate in staff meetings, all required in-service training, and meetings with clinical supervisors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A few benefits offered by MHR include:
- Must be at least 21 years of age; have an AA degree.
- Must have completed Peer Recovery Academy Training and be receive Peer Specialist Certification from the MN Certification Board.
- Must be free of substance use problems for at least 1 year immediately preceding their hiring and must sign a statement attesting to that fact.
- Basic First Aid and CPR certifications
- Intensive two week initial orientation program AND on-going in-house training program
- Health insurance (including family health coverage) with employee costs in the top 1/3 of most affordable health care options. Competitive dental insurance.
- Automatic enrollment in retirement plan after 1 year with up to 4.5% employer contribution
- 9 paid holidays and 18 days accrued PTO during your first year
- Annual performance-based pay increases
- Pay starting at $20.07/hour and up based on education/experience + mileage reimbursement
- MHR is committed to working towards racial equity and combating racism
- MHR is a tobacco free workplace promoting health & wellness for the individuals we serve and our employees.
Posting ID: 601365493Posted: 2021-01-22