Job Description This position will serve as the Alternate Contractor Special Security Officer (ACSSO) with a strong background in Physical Security. This position will handle the following responsibilities: * Experience with practical application of DOD 5205.7 Security Volumes 1-4, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) and NISPOM.
* Administers routine aspects of physical security to include implementation of security measures that comply with government facility accreditation requirements and co-uses.
* Composes and submits FFC, Tempest and other physical security required documents.
* Performs self-inspections to ensure SCIF meets ICD 705 requirements and provide mitigation strategy for instances of non-compliance.
* Updates Emergency Action Plans (EAP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Post Orders to meet emerging threats and regulatory changes.
* Coordinates and tests facility alarms, conducts end-of-day security inspections, changes combinations, maintains key control, and manages the guard staff.
* Primary liaison with vendors responsible for scheduling service appointments or maintenance visits for security equipment and building systems under the purview of the security department (access control, CCTV, IDS).
* Composes detailed and accurate reports and inputs in security management system.
* Conducts Program Security Awareness Briefings as well as indoctrination/debriefing of personnel.
* Work must be consistently planned and prioritized to support the organization's mission in a high tempo environment with a willingness to support all security disciplines as needed.
* This position will serve as an alternate COMSEC custodian, will assist ISSO with non-technical duties, supports personnel security and performs as a member of the security team to execute the insider-threat program.
* He/ she will be responsible to respond to alarms and emergencies during and after normal business hours. Required Education, Experience, & Skills * Candidate will have Bachelor's Degree in related field with 6+ years of working experience.
* Candidate will have in depth knowledge of ICD 705 and building, accrediting, and managing SCIFs.
* Ability to multi-task, pay close attention to detail, and work in a high tempo environment.
* Possess excellent organizational and file management skills.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills.
* Requires independent judgment and discretion.
* Must be able to independently identify and resolve various security matters.
* Willingness and desire to support all security disciples in the organization as a team member.
* Available to respond to alarms and emergencies after hours.
* Physical Security Certification.
* An Active TS/SCI with a Polygraph required to be considered. Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills The following are nice to have, but not required:
* Contractor Special Security Officer Certification
* COMSEC Custodian Certification
* Information System Security Officer Certification
* Facility Security Officer Certification
* SPED, ASIS, or ISP Certifications About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.