SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of the Store Manager, the Sales Associate provides excellent customer service and actively promotes the selling of merchandise, operates a cash register and handles all payment transactions for purchase. The Retail Associate receives, unpacks, and puts away the daily deliveries of merchandise. He or she employs selling techniques required for the position. The Retail Sales Associate ensures that the selling areas are neat and clean and complies with visual standards. All employees should be outgoing, upbeat, energetic and reliable. The Sales Associate position is a part-time/year-round position that can turn into full-time. The work schedule includes evenings and weekends.
- Acknowledge and greet guests with a smile.
- Be courteous and create a warm, friendly atmosphere for the guest.
- Assist guest in finding the product requested.
- Handle all payment transactions for customer purchases.
- Ensure that all the necessary supplies are in place for completion of the next shift (register tape, bags, etc).
- Receive, unpack, fold and put away the deliveries of merchandise.
- Participate in store cleanliness by dusting and keeping all areas, neat and uncluttered.
- Inform the Store Manager if there are overstock items, slow sellers, fast sellers and customer requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Be knowledgeable on register operations.
- Proficient use of Internet and email.
- Valid California Driver's License.
- Incumbent will be expected to maintain a good clean driving record and proof/verification of auto insurance prior to operating a Tribal vehicle.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks within established timelines.
- Under the guidance of the Chief of Staff, incumbent must demonstrate a commitment and loyalty to the vision, mission, goals, and objectives of the Buena Vista Tribe for the future welfare of the Tribe and other Native Americans.
- Under the guidance of the Chief of Staff, incumbent must be able to sensitively reflect the Native American perspective while doing business on behalf of the Tribe or while representing the Tribe.
- The incumbent must always maintain a positive public profile and foster good public relations through continued demonstrated personal integrity, compassion, and enthusiasm for the health and well being of the Buena Vista Tribe and other Native Americans.
Preference in filling vacancies may be given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, and Section 472). Verification Form BIA -4432 or Verification of Tribal Membership from a federally recognized Tribe must be submitted to be considered for Indian preference.
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of relevant experience do you have?
- How many years of sales experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CA?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Which shifts are you available to work?
Native American Tribe
Posting ID: 573127034Posted: 2021-01-27