Shift Days: Mon - Fri hours to vary between 8:00am - 6:00pm
R1 is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1 is publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patient's and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization's infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Patient Access Scheduler will be responsible for clerical and reception duties associated with patient scheduling and registration. The Patient Access Scheduler will handle a large volume of incoming calls and navigate between multiple systems to schedule with various departments. This person will be the first point of contact with patients and ensure their needs are met. This person will be working in a fast-paced environment where they will be expected to display strong customer service and communication skills to properly assist patients.
The successful candidate will need to be highly organized and dedicated to customer service.Responsibilities:
- First point of contact interacting with patients over the phone or in person.
- Handles a high volume of incoming calls.
- Schedules patient visits and procedures for multiple hospitals and outpatient centers which involves coordinating and adhering to many departments and their clinical protocols.
- Responds to questions and concerns and directs them to appropriate location or department.
- Provides on-going communication with clinical staff regarding real-time patient status.
- Collaborates with medical staff and their associates to optimize efficiency and effectiveness in scheduling.
- Multitasks between several different technology systems to complete functions.
- Collects and enters all necessary demographic, clinical, billing and insurance information from patients or responsible parties.
- Provides patient education by explaining preps and patient instructions for the scheduled procedure following scheduling protocols.
- Informs patients of possible co-pays and deductibles needs to be paid at the time of service.
- Reviews and analyzes financial information from the registration system and communicates information to the patient and business office.
- Communicates effectively with physicians and physician staff, ancillary departments, nursing units and patients.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one year of call center experience
- Attention to detail
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task and navigate between multiple computer systems simultaneously
- Ability to handle a large volume of incoming calls
- Experience within a hospital or medical environment assisting patients
- Working knowledge or experience with medical terminology
- See, read, and/or operate computers, telephones, office equipment, documents, labels, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- Remain sitting, standing, or walking for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Frequent interactions with associates, patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require associate to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information banding patients, etc.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items (over 50 lbs.).
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package. To learn more, visit:r1rcm.com
R1 RCM Inc. ("the Company") is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. The Company's practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person's age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the Company is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment based on any of the foregoing protected categories.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at 312-496-7709 for assistance.