Clinical Intern - Graduate Level
The intern will learn at one of our clinical internship sites either in MD, DC, VA, SC or NC under the direct supervision of a clinical intern supervisor, that is licensed and eligible to provide clinical supervision. In addition, the internship experience will be supported by ongoing skills coaching through our Department of Organizational Excellence. The clinical intern supports the clinical team in terms of service deliver and other functions and responsibilities. This participant will obtain real-world experience in direct and indirect service models compliant to the interns professional board and/or educational institutional requirements. All clinical interns must provide documentation of professional board and/or educational internship requirements prior to on-boarding as an intern within VOACC. VOACCs clinical internship program includes individuals seeking social work, counseling, peer recovery, and other related internships.
Clinical Interns will have the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas:
Help create or implement special programs for Clients (i.e. drug and alcohol counseling, male and female issues)
Create and develop workshops and seminars
Developing and participating in crisis training activities
Developing programs and participating in activities for Clients with special needs
Training in various evidenced based practices and the potential to gain clinical certifications
Ideal interns will demonstrate the following:
Experience with, or able to learn, healthcare and data software
Detail oriented administrative abilities and accurate data entry experience
Proficiency in Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Desktop Publishing
Discrete, trustworthy with strong communication skills and ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Excellent clinical writing and documentation skills are required, and strong organizational skills
Professional and customer service-oriented demeanor, comfortable working with all levels of employees
Motivated self-starter who can work independently and in team environment
Excellent professional etiquette
Excellent editing, spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
Ideal interns will demonstrate the following:
- Experience with, or able to learn, software
- Detail oriented administrative abilities and accurate data entry experience
- Ability to develop informational reporting based on raw data requests
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Desktop Publishing
- Discrete, trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Able to meet time-sensitive time frames when necessary
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent filing skills are required, and strong organizational skills
- Professional and customer service-oriented demeanor, comfortable working with all levels of employees
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently and in team environment
- Excellent business phone etiquette
- Excellent editing, spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
Eligibility for Internship:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate college or university.
- Must be able to commit to a full semester, at least 20 hours per week (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter)
- Provide a resume and 300 word cover letter, indicating internship choice and reason to be accepted.
- Meeting the application submission deadline and including all required information.
- Must have acceptable Criminal Background check, and Negative Drug Screening
- Exceptions may be made for internships required for the attainment of a professional certification under the guidance of a recognized professional certification board.
Volunteers of America Chesapeake & Carolinas is a faith-based, non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire self-reliance, dignity and hope through health and human services.
Founded in 1896 in Baltimore, MD Volunteers of America Chesapeake was one of the first branches of Volunteers of America - one of the nation's largest and most comprehensive human services organizations. Volunteers of America Chesapeake and Volunteers of America Carolinas merged on July 1, 2019 to form Volunteers of America Chesapeake & Carolinas.
Through a dedicated and committed team of management, staff and volunteers and guided by our Core Values: Visionary, One Body, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence, and Faith - Volunteers of America Chesapeake & Carolinas helps thousands of people each year throughout Maryland, Virginia , the District of Columbia and the Carolinas at our programs serving:
Neighbors who experience homelessness or are at risk to be homeless
Individuals with mental illness
Individuals with intellectual disabilities
Those in need of affordable housing
Those in need of supportive services
Those recovering from substance abuse addictions
Those involved in community corrections
Volunteers of America Chesapeake & Carolinas is one of 33 Volunteers of America affiliates across the United States. Together we help more than 2.5 million people in more than 400 communities.
At Volunteers of America Chesapeake & Carolinas our staff of more than 700 and volunteers numbering more than 2,000 coordinate our efforts with other agencies and local organizations to maximize the impact of our work.
Posting ID: 594364897Posted: 2021-01-22