Sentrillion is seeking to hire a UX/UI Designer in the Northern VA area. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the UX/UI Designer interacts with a team of developers, requirements managers, and product owners supporting programs with the design, creation, and maintenance of our applications and contributes to other key parts of our tooling and infrastructure.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the customers ' and product owners ' product visions by researching, conceiving, wire framing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and engineers on all phases of the product development life cycle
- Perform research, evaluations, and validations of moderate complexity.
- Use appropriate research methodology, tools, and protocols to conduct user-centered research.
- Perform subjective and objective research both qualitatively and quantitatively, to gather deep end-user understanding.
- Perform usability/heuristic evaluations and validations across the product or solution lifecycle.
- Bachelor 's degree in a corresponding field related to Computer Science or Design and minimum of 6-8 years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience designing with Angular, React or Vue Experience with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation or similar
- Experience employing an iterative, user-centric design process in UX design/interactive prototyping.
- Possess a current, active CBP-BI security clearance.
- DHS customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
- Certifications are a plus
- Ability to assume increasing responsibilities in UX/UI project information system design and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse teams, product owners, and subject matter experts
- Ability to stay abreast of new methods, technology, and trends that impact user experience research and design practices.
- Ability to work designated schedule, as well as maintain attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to travel 10%
For nearly a quarter of a century, Sentrillion has been helping secure America's borders and safeguard national assets through integrated technology solutions. We develop strategies and implement solutions that increase safety and security, save time, decrease cost, and improve outcomes. We are also committed to being a good corporate citizen and helping improve the communities in which we live and work by partnering with community organizations and volunteering. A right-sized organization, we are big enough to protect the perimeter of the country, yet small enough to rapidly respond to customer needs.
Sentrillion is an EEO Employer / Protected Vet / Disabled
#ZRJob Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 593877792Posted: 2021-01-17