This position is responsible for the general upkeep of commercial shopping centers. Porter will take ownership of his or her shopping center and notify management of day to day occurrences on site as appropriate.
The job duties for this position may not be limited to only those outlined in this and management reserves the right to make modifications and changes to these duties at any time in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Trash and debris removal throughout the property, including in trees, bushes and landscaping.
- Remove any signboards or wire signs at roadside or around the center. Police all sidewalks, curbs and lot.
- Monitor tenant window signage to ensure adherence to the rules and regulations of the center. Remove trash from sidewalk containers and replace bags, after lunch or as needed.
- Monitor dumpster areas, clean up any bags left by tenants. Notify Property Manager for possible fines to tenants.
- Hose down the dumpster areas to clean if necessary.
- Patrol the property for graffiti and remove immediately.
- Clean ash urns. Sift, or replace if needed.
- Inform Property Manager of any unauthorized tenant banners.
- Beginning and end of each day, ensure grease tank lids are closed to keep rain water out.
- Make sure all utility, maintenance and roof doors are closed and locked
- Note any vehicles parked overnight, for sale or commuter cars and inform Property Manager.
- Sweep door mats for any common area entrances.
- Check any common restrooms for cleanliness, supplies, lighting and any maintenance problems every two hours. Report an deficiencies to the Property Manager.
- Check all pole signs, straighten any that are leaning.
- Check vacant spaces for leaks, water from plumbing, cleanliness, make sure they look good to show to new tenants.
- Walk all parking lot areas to ensure tire stops are in place and are not broken. Reposition if out of place. Re-anchor. Remove if broken and report.
- Use weed killer to kill weeds in parking lot and sidewalk areas.
- Clean window sills at storefronts for the center.
- Perform weekly roof inspections. Remove debris such as filters, bottles, etc. Clean debris and leaves from drains. In cold weather remove ice from drains.
- Check batteries on fire exit lighting of common areas. Press for 1 full minute, lights should operate continuously.
- Deliver inventory supplies list on a monthly basis to Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Cover photocells with tape (usually located above the electric room doors). Using the parking lot lighting map check all l l lighting for the lot, under the canopy over sidewalk, wall packs in back, and any common interior areas.
- Check facades of the building for bird nests or other materials caught in signage or canopies.
- Replace under canopy lights or common area lights that are out or lens covers that are loose.
- When weather is below 35 degrees turn on sprinkler room heaters and ensure proper operation. Verify all vacant tenants have heat and that thermostats are set to 58 degrees.
- As of May 1, verify all vacant tenants have working AC and that the thermostats are set to 75 degrees.
- Ice or snow - early start may be needed to shovel out handicap parking spaces, common area sidewalks. Place snow melt appropriately.
- During summer months, assist with watering plants or flowers if needed.
- Check under canopy lens covers and clean out bugs.
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org. In accordance with EEOC guidelines, we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate.
A.J. Dwoskin & Associates Property Management in the Northern Virginia Area.
Posting ID: 576043506Posted: 2021-01-20