VRX, Inc. offers proactive, big-picture thinking and planning, as well as detailed program, project, and asset management.
Established in 2006 VRX is a privately owned engineering and architectural firm certified as a DBE, SBE, WBE and HUB.
We’re currently seeking a fulltime bookkeeper to join our operations team.
The bookkeeper position creates financial transactions and generates reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
Bookkeeper Essential Functions:
- Perform general bookkeeping duties; posting in accounting system, reconcile accounts, receives, approves, and, when necessary, investigates accounts payable and receivable transactions.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Defines bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Effectively communicates (both in verbal and written form) with internal and external customers, suppliers, vendors and banking contacts.
- Keeps track of assets.
- Handles mail.
- Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as requested by leadership or accountant.
- Deposits accounts receivables into bank accounts.
- Handles payroll.
- Receives, reviews, and posts statements.
- Assists accountants with tax return preparation.
- Generates 1099's and W-2's
- Respond to internal and external e-mails/phone calls within 24 hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, preferred
- Minimum of five years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Advanced knowledge of Ajera
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment
- Knowledge of computerized accounting, but must be able to do a manual set of books
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns.
- Strong organization & multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 593594058Posted: 2021-01-18